News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A**hat ebayer

Started by jimilee, February 08, 2018, 07:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

So I sell some pickups on eBay 490R and 498T. This asshat takes too long to pay me, and now he says he went to a luthier and that guy says they aren't matched pickups. First off, I never said they were and secondly, they are coil tapping and not splitting. Now this clown wants his money back, now he claims they don't work. I tell him they work just fine and if he doesn't like them, it's on him.  Jerk has my PayPal all tied up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Adam_DIY

That sucks Jimi.  Buyers like that are the main reason I stopped using eBay as a seller.

Govmnt_Lacky

Sounds like someone knee-jerked on a purchase (yours) and then found a better deal or something else afterwards and has a bit of buyer's remorse.

I hate to say it but, be prepared to refund AND watch out for them to come back broken or damaged  :-\

lars

Quote from: jimilee on February 08, 2018, 07:18:35 PM
...and now he says he went to a luthier and that guy says they aren't matched pickups.
I bet this guy doesn't even know what "matched pickups" means. I didn't know it was a thing people strive for, then I researched it and found this great quote: "So technically, a matched set is in fact a carefully mis-matched set, so as to sound matched!"
So the only way the set you sold to this guy could be "mismatched" is if they actually measure exactly the same, otherwise if one has a slightly higher output, they would be correctly "matched". Given that they're two different model numbers, it's pretty much impossible they could sound/output the exact same...so:
NO REFUND!

Willybomb

I'd agree as they fitted the description in the ad, but anyway.  People suck.

It's a shame, because those are killer pickups.  Paired in my friend's Gibson LP studio, I don't think I've heard louder pickups.

bela1961

The whole ebay PPal thing is corrupted beyond control. I have lost my shirt with them.  In disputes,the customers are always found to be right. I also realized that my money in my PP acct. wasn't ......my money. They can freeze, hold, pend you name it,without your consent. I've had some nightmare experiences with customers that are nothing less than criminal. Yet ebay and PP eats them right up. They have a corner on the market so they can screw whomever they choose . There has got to be a better way. Ive tried Reverb, which is ok, but sales are very slow. The sad reality is that 9 times out of ten it COSTS you to sell on this monopolized BS site.

sjaustin

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on February 08, 2018, 07:38:07 PM
I hate to say it but, be prepared to refund AND watch out for them to come back broken or damaged  :-\
In to say this. Yep. Hope your experience is the exception, Jimi.

CODymmoT

What a knob! What's wrong with people! I'm sure we've all bought gear that hasn't quite been what we've imagined. So what! Sell it on or even better, pay it forward. You never know, it may come back to you in other ways down the track....This bloke would be a dead set Asshole.

jimilee

Well there you have it. I decided to just refund and be done with it. Motherf****er tells me he's leaving for Australia and needs my address to send them back to me. Go*****mit !!!! Anybody want to buy some pickups?

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lars

Just out of curiosity, I looked up your original Ebay listing for those pickups. There was absolutely nothing wrong on your end...it was a model Ebay listing! You had plenty of clear pictures and described exactly what Gibson guitar model the pickups came off of. There was not a single piece of information that could not be obtained about them from your listing.
If anything, the buyer owes you money for "pain and suffering".

jimilee

Thank you Lars, I appreciate it.