News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda Electronics Order "Review"

Started by chromesphere, March 13, 2012, 11:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinski

Thanks for the review! I was planning to do a few mini boards, but it seems Tayda does not carry 9mm pots (the little green guys). I can't find them. Am I just a fool?

marmaliser

Nope, sadly they don't have them (9mm pots)

kinski

Dotted.eighth

Quote from: kinski on April 03, 2012, 02:36:56 PM
Thanks for the review! I was planning to do a few mini boards, but it seems Tayda does not carry 9mm pots (the little green guys). I can't find them. Am I just a fool?

I bought some the other day- I guess it depends which store you go to.   :)

Bored

Quote from: Dotted.eighth on April 10, 2012, 03:10:35 AM
Quote from: kinski on April 03, 2012, 02:36:56 PM

I bought some the other day- I guess it depends which store you go to.   :)

???

GermanCdn

Just got my second order from Tayda, both have been really good.  On the first one, I was missing five resistors, but I didn't bother reporting it, as I had a thousand pieces in the order and complaining about 5 cents seemed to be counterproductive in terms of cost.  Second order is in, and everything looks good.  Really happy that they are getting more solder lug pots in, makes life a little bit easier.  They really stepped up the packaging on the second order too, as all of the parts were individually packed and labelled, as opposed to some being grouped on the first.

As far as the Davies style knobs go, yeah, they aren't as high a quality as the stuff I get from PPP, and the paint job on the lines has been so so on a few, but they're half the price of everywhere else, so I'm not complaining.  Haven't tried their 3PDT yet, but will likely order some next time.

Amazed at the price points from them and the turnaround time on the orders.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

marmaliser

I have used about 10 with no problems as of yet.  They look and feel the same as the ones I got of das musikding and Dr Tweek

midwayfair

EDIT: Has anyone ordered their capacitors? Any opinions? (Also, how big are they - Panasonic 50v size or Xycon RAWR 630v size?)

Was placing an order last night. With 153 items in my cart, I got an error message that I hadn't met the minimum $5 order.

I didn't know whether to  :( or :).

They have some slightly annoying gaps in what they carry (and not just the expensive/rare stuff - several cheap Fairchilds, too), especially random giant gaps in the resistors, but I think the price of the switches, chips, and transistors and low shipping costs make up for that. I'll be splitting pretty evenly between them, Smallbear, and Pedal Parts Plus.

chromesphere

I have noticed that too (gaps).  Thats right, it was a TL1054...they dont even have TC1044. only the MAX1044, which i probably wouldnt get again after the last one all but caught fire  :o Which is a shame, cause id like to just get it all in the one order.

I have used a couple of their 3pdt's now and i cant tell the difference.  Same with their econo in/out jacks.  Cant tell the difference, they feel smooth enough to me anyway.

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

kinski

I placed an order from them. Extremely fast and cheap! DCs, knobs, caps, resistors and 3PDTs are equal to anything I've gotten from PPP, Mouser, and SB.

Only problem was they forgot a pack of 5 capacitors. Luckily, then are an easy to find value, so I had some extras already. PPP and SB have also forgotten parts. Mouser is the only place that has never screwed up an order.

matiasbatty

Quote from: kinski on April 13, 2012, 12:38:50 AM
I placed an order from them. Extremely fast and cheap! DCs, knobs, caps, resistors and 3PDTs are equal to anything I've gotten from PPP, Mouser, and SB.

Only problem was they forgot a pack of 5 capacitors. Luckily, then are an easy to find value, so I had some extras already. PPP and SB have also forgotten parts. Mouser is the only place that has never screwed up an order.

Hello, to me has been the same but then they sent me what he had missed, send an email explaining the situation that is sure to send back what has been missing. contact@taydaelectronics.com

P. S. sorry for my English  ;D

spaceboss

Quote from: chromesphere on April 13, 2012, 12:26:55 AM
I have noticed that too (gaps).  Thats right, it was a TL1054...they dont even have TC1044. only the MAX1044, which i probably wouldnt get again after the last one all but caught fire  :o Which is a shame, cause id like to just get it all in the one order.

I have used a couple of their 3pdt's now and i cant tell the difference.  Same with their econo in/out jacks.  Cant tell the difference, they feel smooth enough to me anyway.

Paul

Love Tayda, but not a fan of their econo in/out jacks. I bought two to try out and they were so loose that 1/4 inch cables just slid right out.

SB

derevaun

Just got a smallish order yesterday. The fact that they now label everything is a big step up. The fact that 8 pots were missing the nuts & washers is a mild disappointment. Anybody know the basic specs on those nuts?

I got a couple chicken head knobs--they definitely are less solid than the ones I got from AES/tubesandmore. The smaller knobs feel even flimsier. I have a feeling it won't matter in actual use, but I'll fit some other knobs until I'm sure they won't need to be removed.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Very good, unbiased review. I've ordered about 5 times from them and they always come through for me. I'll have a few orders missing some parts, but I also had 1 order where every 10 pack of resistors was 11.  ;D
Their parts aren't of the HIGHEST quality, but for the price I believe its unbeatable. I'll admit the thin lead components can be a big of a hassle as they are more prone to moving when soldering, but they sound just as good as any others I've tried. I prefer their econo jacks over mammoths, those where really bad. 80% of them the nut/threading was off so it would never set tight. These are more solid and I'd suggest tensioning the lugs a bit if the cable is sliding out easy.
I have a 10 pack of 3PDT's I'm going through, IIRC I got them from Tayda. The lugs for some reason are oxidized or burnt looking so they don't transfer heat properly. I file them a bit, then use some flux on inside to get a nice connection, but for a newbie they would give you a hard time. I've had this same problem with mini toggles before from Futurlec.
My last 3 orders from them I've gotten in less than a week from the other side of the states. Definitely a huge plus. If your looking for something they don't have, compile a list of what you want and send them a message on FB or leave it on their wall. I've emailed them in the past and they were very responsive and accepting to my suggestions. I'm seeing a lot of them appearing now about 6 months or so later.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals