News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Weener Wah static--this is an old board

Started by octa805, July 17, 2022, 06:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octa805

I have a weener wah that I've enjoyed for many years now. It is a board I bought pre-built from someone on here and then I went overboard with every possible mod I could think of. LEDs for on/off. The fancy little switch for using it with fuzz. An LED lit switch for the "Q" thingy that I never fully understood how to use. It's got a lot going on. For years it was awesome. Then it got scratchy and I thought it was the pot so swapped it out for a real fancy one that was fully sealed. That fixed it.

Now it's scratchy again and I can't clean this pot since it's sealed.

I don't think it's the pot. I think it's more likely that the wah has so much going on in there that it's making some weird sounds come through. Why do I think this? Well, when I take the pot off the track and twist it around with my hand it very clearly dials in a loud mexican radio station thru my amp. I know these things can happen but it's pretty extreme.

Does this sound like it's not being ground properly? that the whole wah is set up to be too extreme? It is VERY deep sounding. Are all the wires delivering power too close to the ones where audio is going thru?

I'll try and throw some pics up if I can figure that out. Thanks!

octa805

octa805

I just swapped the pot and it sounds the exact same with a different pot so it's not a pot issue

other pot also did the mexican radio station. hmmm.??

octa805

is this in the wrong area or is this forum just not the liveliest? :)