News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PCB Designing Tutorials (Single layer etch)

Started by chromesphere, October 27, 2014, 01:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Hi guys,
I really feel these videos deserve their own mention here.  Its my single sided tutorial for diptrace; a crash course for beginners to learn how to design PCB's.  It's the easiest method I know of getting started in pcb design.  I would be surprised if by the end of the 3 videos you couldn't design some simple layouts on your own.  I'm very pleased with how the series turned out, I think its easy to follow, encompassing, but also straight to the point.   

Next upload will be the double layer for fabrication videos but you should watch these first before you start with the fabrication videos the fab videos build on the information here.  I will start a different thread for those in a couple of weeks time when they are uploaded.

Hope they help!!
Paul

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

chordball

Thanks Paul! I'm looking forward to checking them out. I've been wanting to start doing my own layouts.

chromesphere

Excellent!  Hope it helps you get started!  There are another 5-6 diptrace videos coming in the upload queue.

SmoothAction

Awesome! I started with Eagle and did a few boards. It took quite a while to get an efficient workflow down. It wasn't bad, but let's say it wasn't very much fun either. Then I saw your dip trace tutorial and decided to give it a go and as of now I much prefer it to Eagle, I didn't even get through your video before I was rock in' a layout! Much more intuitive interface, easily adjust pads/traces, add pictures, 3d models, its a blast! Much more "fun" than Eagle to me. I look forward to your future videos.

Stomptown

Wow, this is great Paul! I will definitely be watching these in the near future!

TGP39

Hey Paul,  I know these tutorials take a lot of time and you do them to solely benefit other fellow builders. All I can say is you rock! Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

chromesphere

Thanks guys! I wish a quick start guide like this was around when I started with diptrace :)

Cortexturizer

Paul I gave out my thanks on YT but wanna do it here as well. Just what the doctor ordered. Awesome stuff. Thank you for the time that you've put into it and everything you're doing.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

chuckbuick

Sweet!  I've been wanting to try DT but have invested so much time in Eagle I haven't made the switch.  I'm looking forward to checking these out and seeing if you can convert me.  Thanks!

rullywowr

It's great to see some love for DipTrace. Great stuff, Paul. Hands down my favorite and easiest to use layout software. Once you realize the simplicity of the program its only productivity from there. :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

selfdestroyer

Thanks for taking the time you do to make your tutorials. I hope the Diptrace videos will give me the push I need to get working in it again.

Cody

chromesphere

Thanks guys!

Hey Ben, the via tenting tip video is finally in the short list to be uploaded as well...from like...last year :) Thanks again for your help with that one!

Paul

zombie_rock123

Amazing videos for someone wondering about the jump from stripboard to homemade and routed pcbs. Thank you for making and posting them.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

kothoma

culturejam

I'll be checking out these videos for sure. Been wanting to try DipTrace, but I always chicken out and run back to Eagle.

I'm especially interested in getting DipTrace working for schematic > PCB "tethering" the way Eagle does (for error checking, etc). That's the main reason I started with Eagle in the first place.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects