News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nameless

Started by alanp, January 19, 2016, 03:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Lovetone Flange With No Name, 1790NS sized! Major crammage going on here, as you can see --

More wiring than I like, but them's the breaks. The Loopage stomp and two jacks are omitted in this version, as are the two expression jacks. Everything else is here, including mad oscillation :)

I'd forgotten just how damn good this circuit is at subtle phattening. I can't get the A/DA to do that.

I've got some v0.2 boards coming for the audio path, once I do I'll see about some guine--er, paying testers to give 'em a crack (and shoot Chris a working audio board.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

alanp

Pics for historical purposes :)
- Terry Pratchett
My website

diablochris6

Looking good! I can't wait to see what kinds of wild sounds I can get out of this. I'll have to take my time with this one...it doesn't look like a build for the faint of heart!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

alanp

I suspect I'm going to wind up putting off a build doc for as long as I can, simply to avoid having to do a wiring diagram  :o :(
- Terry Pratchett
My website

selfdestroyer

Awesome Alan, can't wait to try my hand at this effect. Looks like a beast.

Cody

Jebus

Awesome! So cool layout and build 8) 8) 8)

jimilee

Sweet ass, I can't wait to give it a go, Flangers might be my other thing.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aristatertotle

Govmnt_Lacky

Alan...

Are there provisions on your PCBs to add the Loopage and jacks to build a complete unit?

I would definitely be interested in a set when the corrections are made  8) I think you, Lace, and I were the major players back when Jim was working on this...  ;)

wgc

Wowzerz!  Almost enough to make me think about thru hole again.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

alanp

Greg, with some offboard wiring and bodging it could be done... I did not plan on doing expression jacks and loop with this, since I knew I'd be pushing my luck as far as 1790NS space goes.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

juansolo

Symmetrical board stacking!  :o No human would stack boards this way!

8)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Martan

Wow! That is really excellent. I know from reading the threads BP (before purge) that a massive amount of work went into this. Congratulations!

lincolnic

Quote from: juansolo on January 22, 2016, 07:26:31 PM
Symmetrical board stacking!  :o No human would stack boards this way!

8)

Listen -- do you smell something?

alanp

Right, the v0.2 audio board is on it's way, so if this works with no patching needed then I'll look into doing a 25 board run or something. Don't put your hand up in this thread, I'll start another one when I do order them.

I've got an idea in my head of doing a multi box -- Lovetone flanger, phaser, overdrive, and trem, Madbean reverb, and maybe the DI board at the end for the XLR out.
- Terry Pratchett
My website