News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Collosalus 2022

Started by blackhatboojum, August 25, 2022, 01:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackhatboojum

If it's not apparent by now, I'll let you fellow pedal nuts in on a little secret... Analog flanger is my all time favorite effect.  That being said though, I was trying to talk myself out of building this one.  I was more than satisfied with the 3 builds I already have in my inventory but, you good folks kept posting build reports on this circuit and kept drawing me back in  ;).  I'm so glad I said, "Screw it", and gave this flanger a chance.  It's absolutely glorious and my favorite build so far.  I'm a "all effects in front of a JCM 800" kinda guy and this is the perfect match to my amp.  Low noise floor and sounds phenomenal in front of distortion.  After seeing other build reports, I decided to install sockets in the C23 position and audition various caps.  I'm glad I did because it makes a big difference on your clock range.  I ended up using a 33pf with my final numbers being 35khz on the low end to 1.2mhz on the high end.  That's what sounded best to me.  Aesthetically, I went the cheap and easy route and just copied MXRs style.  I wanted to come up with something better but, due to work kicking my ass and barely anytime to work on personal projects, I just couldn't get inspired.  I just wanted to finish the circuit and spend time playing the damn thing, so I could forget about work life.  Anywho, enough of my personal B.S. and onto the pictures.

The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

jimilee

That looks fantastic, how do you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

blackhatboojum

Quote from: jimilee on August 25, 2022, 01:26:39 AM
That looks fantastic, how do you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!  I love it!  My favorite flanger build thus far.

BryGuy

Really clean build, love it. This is sounding like a must build pedal at this point.

Bio77

Killer build! Congrats. Flangers  are  my jam, too.  8)

This one sold me on 18V. It's just dead quiet, which as a fellow flanger nut you will recognize as something special.

blackhatboojum

Quote from: BryGuy on August 25, 2022, 02:11:40 AM
Really clean build, love it. This is sounding like a must build pedal at this point.

Thanks!  I doubt you would be disappointed and if you're a fan of flanger then this build is a must.

blackhatboojum

Quote from: Bio77 on August 25, 2022, 02:44:13 AM
Killer build! Congrats. Flangers  are  my jam, too.  8)

This one sold me on 18V. It's just dead quiet, which as a fellow flanger nut you will recognize as something special.

Huge thanks and as a fan of your builds, this compliment means a lot!  You're absolutely right about the specialty of this circuit.  Flangers are just a noisy circuit in general and to find something such as this that doesn't produce that "waves crashing against a shore" hiss in front of distortion... glory, glory, hallelujah 😁🙏.

zombie_rock123

Love the graphics and neat as hell! Kudos to still doing your thing even when life's getting in the way, not easily done.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

Thewintersoldier

That's one hottie with a naughty body
Who the hell is Bucky?

jjjimi84

That is a sexy build, I love the simplicity of the art.

in8241

Very clean, great graphics. I want one!