News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fat Bottomed Girl (70's naked lady content) & Phase Your Own Universe

Started by juansolo, March 14, 2013, 08:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Phase Your Own Universe

Bangerang101's Nutron II Phaser, Madbean's layout and etched by Haberdasher. I thank you all as this is a very unique and cool sounding thing.

Fat Bottomed Girl

Now then. I remember this poster from by brother's bedroom wall when I was about 7 and I turned out ok, so I'll have no bitchin' about pictures of naked ladies on this pedal. Deal with it ;)

Otherwise, it's Jubal's Voxy Brown PCB doing that Catalinbread Galileo (...Galileo, Figaro... Magnificooooooo) thang. That is the curly prof's treble boost into an AC30. Once you get it dialled in it pretty much does just that. Harmonics just jump out of it.

That was a shit to photograph. The actual picture was a very high res grab of the original poster and looks great, but has that 70's look about it in the colour dept. Turns out it makes it a sod to photograph.

Edit: Odd usually this site scales those and it didn't this time, so I've made them clickable.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

DutchMF

Damn Juan, as a huge Queen/Brian May fan I must compliment you loads and loads on that last one!! Really curious how it sounds! Liked the 'curly prof' ref, don't think a lot of people know that.. And we should soooo do the Galileo, Figaro thing with a couple of other forumites in a car together! I'll probably finish up my own Nutron this weekend, looking forward to that! Nice builds....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

njkke

juansolo

Quote from: DutchMF on March 14, 2013, 08:56:39 PM
Damn Juan, as a huge Queen/Brian May fan I must compliment you loads and loads on that last one!! Really curious how it sounds! Liked the 'curly prof' ref, don't think a lot of people know that.. And we should soooo do the Galileo, Figaro thing with a couple of other forumites in a car together! I'll probably finish up my own Nutron this weekend, looking forward to that! Nice builds....

Paul

It's an odd effect. It really only does that one thing, though once you dial it in to do it, you're rockin.

I challenge anyone NOT to do the Galileo thing in you car if it comes on the radio.

Loving the Neutron!

pryde

Fantastic all the way through. Great pic as I am a huge fan of cycling and nekkid girls  8)

Hope to hear a demo of these!

juansolo

For those that don't know. The poster came with the initial run of Queen's Jazz album. It was the photo shoot for the Bicycle Race / Fat Bottomed Girls double A side single.

Indeed here it is in all it's glory

plesur

That picture gives me a warm fuzzy feeling of nostalgia ... at least that's what I think it is  ;)

it was on my brothers wall too. Excellent work my friend.

Stomptown

Damn! I wish I had an older brother growing up  ;D. Very nice job on both pedals Juan. I'd love to hear a sample of that phaser...

hoodoo

Mmmmm Guitar effects pedals, naked women, if there was beer involved here somehow, you've sold me ;D
Both look great mate, Matt.

jubal81

Very, very cool. I love where you went with the Voxy.
I just built the Nutron II myself and I'm having a hard time with it. Keeps blowing charge pump chips ...

Postal tracking has the big shipment of the Voxy Brown boards getting to my house tomorrow, so they'll be available as soon as I put one together to make sure they're A-OK.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Rip57

Another phaser! It really is Phaser Month. Looks great, as do the bicycles.

I always do the Galileo thing in the car when that song comes on. My wife thinks I'm an idiot.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer." ― Frank Zappa

jimilee

Quote from: Rip57 on March 15, 2013, 02:46:27 AM
Another phaser! It really is Phaser Month. Looks great, as do the bicycles.

I always do the Galileo thing in the car when that song comes on. My wife thinks I'm an idiot.

Galileo thing? Like in Bohemian Rhapsody? I decided it would be phaser month for myself but if everyone did it,that'd be cool
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

juansolo

Quote from: jubal81 on March 15, 2013, 12:36:13 AM
Very, very cool. I love where you went with the Voxy.
I just built the Nutron II myself and I'm having a hard time with it. Keeps blowing charge pump chips ...

Postal tracking has the big shipment of the Voxy Brown boards getting to my house tomorrow, so they'll be available as soon as I put one together to make sure they're A-OK.

Whoops, miscredited you in the original post. I'll sort that. Great board. Really easy to build and box!

juansolo

Quote from: jimilee on March 15, 2013, 03:05:35 AM
Galileo thing? Like in Bohemian Rhapsody?

I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scaramouch, scaramouch will you do the fandango
Thunderbolt and lightning - very very frightening me
Gallileo, Gallileo,
Gallileo, Gallileo,
Gallileo Figaro - magnificooooooo

But I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me
He's just a poor boy from a poor family
Spare him his life from this monstrosity
Easy come easy go - will you let me go
Bismillah! No - we will not let you go - let him go
Bismillah! We will not let you go - let him go
Bismillah! We will not let you go - let me go
Will not let you go - let me go (never)
Never let you go - let me go
Never let me go - ooo
No, no, no, no, no, no, no -

Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me
for me
for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

*bang head*

DutchMF

If you really want to laugh your head off, Google the Muppet's version of Bohemian Rapsody, quite hilarious....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"