Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

delay, reverb and chorus

Started by ilearn, September 13, 2013, 04:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Quote from: Clayford on September 18, 2013, 05:33:15 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on September 14, 2013, 04:46:20 AM
Yep, first thing I thought was Farndurk.  Great looking builds.

I've chatted with Farndurk about their technique and it's a TON of labor just for their enclosures. 

Quote from: jkokura on September 18, 2013, 05:02:45 PM
I like those red jacks. Where did you get them?

Jacob
Same question here!

I'll have to look at the Farndurk boxes again, but I assumed that they used an old manual engraver.  I actually own one, but haven't set it up to use it.  It would indeed be a but of a hassle to use.  It's what they used to use for engraving trophies and plaques.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jkokura

They used to use punches Dave. They had this whole large rig, with these big metal letter punches, and they would line it all up to keep it square. Labour intensive indeed.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

pickdropper

Quote from: jkokura on September 18, 2013, 06:58:22 PM
They used to use punches Dave. They had this whole large rig, with these big metal letter punches, and they would line it all up to keep it square. Labour intensive indeed.

Jacob

Wow, that's even worse.

Punches can be fun, but to align like they did (and with that much lettering) would be a PITA.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Clayford

Quote from: pickdropper on September 18, 2013, 08:43:28 PM

Quote from: jkokura on September 18, 2013, 06:58:22 PM

Jacob

Wow, that's even worse.

Punches can be fun, but to align like they did (and with that much lettering) would be a PITA.

As of last week - It's still hand punches/stamps for Farndurk, and not going to change anytime soon.
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

ilearn

Everything started a year ago.
When I put together my pedalboard, I noticed that if I place the jacks on the shorter side of the 1590B case, I can make the pedalboard smaller. So I started to put the jacks on the shorter side. Then I thought it might be cool to put the case upside down. Later I found the upside down method made the offboard wiring easier.
The only down side of the design is not enough space for the battery in the case and I could care less. I don't use throw away expendable batteries anyhow.

Few weeks ago, I happened to found Furndurk pedal website and I fell in love with that industrial polished look and lettering.
So I sanded the case and tried the letter punching method, but it was a disaster. I ended up ugly looking letters on the case and had to throw away 3 1590B cases.  :'(

Then I happened to see the laser marking machine in the local jewerly shop and I ask them do the lettering. 
I guess sometimes you need to consult with the professional with right equipment.

About the red jack.....
I am in S. Korea and the jack is very easy to get here. I'm not sure where else you can get them. Form China maybe?