News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New rig

Started by gordo, November 05, 2023, 10:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

This is kinda sad as a pedal freak but this is my new rig.  Blackstar Amped 2 is just stupid good.  Not a huge fan of the effects but nobody in the audience/congregation is going to ever notice the difference.  Compressor (either SheepyLove Squishy or pictured here the Trash Compactor) and a Line6 wireless.  No speakers on stage...XLR out.  Speakers...plug in and either 1w/20/100w.  Record out via stereo outs or USB.  I hate myself for lovin' you...

And of course I reserve the right to revisit this at any time but the Blackstar will be the nucleus.  Did I mention an effects loop?  Pre or post.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on November 05, 2023, 10:57:47 PM
This is kinda sad as a pedal freak but this is my new rig.  Blackstar Amped 2 is just stupid good.  Not a huge fan of the effects but nobody in the audience/congregation is going to ever notice the difference.  Compressor (either SheepyLove Squishy or pictured here the Trash Compactor) and a Line6 wireless.  No speakers on stage...XLR out.  Speakers...plug in and either 1w/20/100w.  Record out via stereo outs or USB.  I hate myself for lovin' you...

And of course I reserve the right to revisit this at any time but the Blackstar will be the nucleus.  Did I mention an effects loop?  Pre or post.
Wow, nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BrianS

Nice.  Two yrs ago I had $500 bonus dollars from Sweetwater and I bought a Helix floor.  Although I miss some of the pedals I used for church the Helix has spoiled me with how easy it is to use.  And you're right, church audiences don't seem to notice.  :)

nzCdog

Nice...  those Blackstar Apmed's look great!

I have recently just gone direct to PA with an Iridium in our pub-band.  (Funnily enough, still rocking a pedalboard and tube amp at church!)
The MS-3 allows for some effect loops, but I ended up removing my overdrives as the Iridium sounds great and has MIDI presets.  Wouldn't mind putting a Laureate on this board tho!

playpunk

I'm in the iridium club too. Had a Kemper for years, sold it in 2020 and bought an Iridium. I still have dark thoughts about an Axe FX III but haven't pulled that trigger yet. Board pic for attention.
"my legend grows" - playpunk