News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mangler

Started by keysandguitars, November 29, 2011, 03:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keysandguitars

This is my first fuzz, DIY or purchased and I'm really enjoying it. I was really digging into some cool Sabbath and Smashing Pumpkins type tones. I used the All American PNP's from Smallbear. I ended up adding the road rage so I don't have to worry about batteries. I'm excited to build another fuzz already...just not pay for the trannies.

The finish is Dormant Green from Columbia Coatings. I love these dormant finishes. I wish I had the photo skills to capture the sparkle and depth. I did my best.

I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

nzCdog

You do some cool graphics...  I really like visual the topology of this one, excellent design and execution! 8)

keysandguitars

Quote from: nzCdog on November 29, 2011, 04:03:47 AM
You do some cool graphics...  I really like visual the topology of this one, excellent design and execution! 8)

Thanks for the kind words. I owe it to the kind folks on this board. Inkscape really makes life simple to design, layout, drill and finish.

chromesphere

Im sorry keys, i'll just warn you up front, i'm going to have to rip off that jagged line idea at some stage.  ;)

Looks good mate!
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

sgmezei

Yeah Dude, I really like the offset look of this. Really creative and it looks distinct. I need to get me some of those sweet mini chicken heads!

raulduke

Nice build mate.

Those Dakaware chicken head knobs are top quality!

keysandguitars

Thanks guys. Paul, get inkscape and I'll email you the svg file.

The mini-chicken heads are from smallbear, and yeah, they're top notch. All of Steve's stuff is I'm finding.

DuctTapeRiot

Love it, color, layout knobs everything. Inkscape FTW.  What font are you using?

keysandguitars

Quote from: DuctTapeRiot on November 30, 2011, 09:42:27 PM
Love it, color, layout knobs everything. Inkscape FTW.  What font are you using?

Thanks. Inkscape is the best. I just laid out four more pedals for drilling in 15-20 minutes. Thanks for the youtube tutorials you made. For pedal design, the learning curve really isn't too bad for inkscape after watching someone use it.

The font is found here http://www.dafont.com/el-font-gohtic.font

DuctTapeRiot

Thanks for the info on the fonts, I am always on the lookout for good ones, so to return the favor check this site out: http://www.fontdiner.com/main.html.  Really great stuff there, some is pay but he (or she i guess) has a great selection of ones that are free too.

For Inkscape, i found it was just getting the hang of the few initial steps, ie converting a bitmap to vector, figuring out how to show, select and move individual or groups of points etc, that took some figuring out, everything after that was easy. And as you noted, the time to develop a layout is so short, like less than 1/5th of what I was spending in Gimp/Photoshop