News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hello from sunny Yorkshire

Started by LukeFRC, August 12, 2023, 06:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LukeFRC

hello, thought I should do the introduction.... Luke from somewhere near Leeds up there in Yorkshire, U.K. - bass player mainly, but go through spouts of building and fixing things. Not sure how many people in the U.K. hang out on here but some of the threads are interesting!

jessenator

Welcome, fellow primarily-bassist :)

jimilee

Quote from: jessenator on August 12, 2023, 06:44:41 PM
Welcome, fellow primarily-bassist :)
This. Welcome fellow primarily bassist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jwin615

This thread is getting deep.
Welcome!

jimilee

Bass players Unite! 10 years ago, I was the only one here.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

LukeFRC

Quote from: jimilee on August 13, 2023, 03:35:00 AM
Bass players Unite! 10 years ago, I was the only one here.

Pedals are fun but for me there's a level where the difference between 10 different variations of the same drive topology just aren't that that noticeable on bass... :)

Years back I made a Russian bmp, a catlinbread sft and a small clone in the same crazy enclosure... but never used it and sold it.

Then the direct-to-PA approach meant I ended up with a Zoom B3, then a B3n then a HX stomp.

An affordable JHS colourbox v2 meant a pedal board needed to be built ...

Things I made include - schalltechnik's Vong, PedalPCB boards for Chop shop (Fairfield barbershop) and Low Tide mini (Fairfield shallow water) and a Frog FX F2b - which is an alembic F2b valve preamp
(Also in the chain c4 synth, tech21 boost chorus bass, johnk mini-xo, broughton omni comp)
The F2b clone is a bit of a problem as I moved thr tube so it was in the enclosure - but of course the wires are picking up stuff and making it noisy (also volume at the end changes output impedance) so thinking of making some more things...

jwin615

LukeFRC, if you're into the tube boxes, check out Sushi box FX, particularly this guy
https://www.sushiboxfx.com/product/particle-accelerator-diy-pcb/

LukeFRC

Quote from: jwin615 on August 13, 2023, 12:21:14 PM
LukeFRC, if you're into the tube boxes, check out Sushi box FX, particularly this guy
https://www.sushiboxfx.com/product/particle-accelerator-diy-pcb/

I had (and sold) a Sushibox London Underground with a fender tonestack - lovely stuff but same as my frogfx it wasn't playing nicely with a couple of pedals with charge pumps in ... (yes, different charge pumps tried)

NorthCoast

"People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand..." - Claude Monet

jimilee

YES!!!!!