News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Flintlock, Easy Peazy, and The Beast

Started by gordo, November 23, 2014, 01:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

My brain is working faster than my fingers.  The Murdog board was the EM.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Bret608

These are awesome. I really have to try out that lightly scrubbed/sanded, bare metal enclosure look. Did you use a gloss or satin clear over them?

AntKnee

Where'd that Beast pcb come from? That combination looks really interesting. I loooove me some klones.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

selfdestroyer

Scruffie

The flintlock looks great, exactly the same "inspired" art i'm hoping to use for mine  ;)

Glad you got it fired up.
Works at Lectric-FX

gordo

The waterslides on this one were from PPP.  I got four sheets of the laser stock and was pissed cuz was having horrible results with it.  Finally read the instructions and this stuff works best with NO topcoat (usually I hit it with clear before cutting and applying).  If you follow the instructions (duh) it works like a champ.  These three were done with no clear overcoat, even after application.  They feel real sturdy but if it was for anyone else but me I think I'd hit them with a quick coat of clear.  The nice part is that you can print the decal, cut it out, and apply it right away.  Didn't run into any stretch problems.

The Tayda enclosures are cheezy but great for my board.  The finish is uneven but they're nice boxes other than that.  I scrubbed them with a bit of dish soap and a Scotchbrite (non-metallic) scrubber just to get them ready for the decals.  I also apply decals with very slightly soapy water.

The beast came from electrib, who does some awesome layouts and great boards.  I've built a bunch of his stuff.  The EM (easy peazy) board came from Murdog47, who also does nice stuff. 

Murdog, I have one other board from you, a big muff I believe, that is great.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?