News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Which fuzz can be used as a clean boost?

Started by brand0nized, September 09, 2013, 09:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calciferspit

The devi ever ruiner/zvex super duper concept. It is basically 2 boosts cascaded. Either 2 of the same boost or a bass boost into a flat or treble boost with a master volume so you can crank the boosts into each other.  You wire them up to be independently switchable so you can have either boost, and when both are engaged you get a range of fuzz/od depending upon the circuits used and the settings. Any boosts that clip at the top of their gain will work but some are noisier than others. Some will gate nicely like the ruiner, and some are open feedback machines like the 2in1.

Bret608

Let me add to the votes for the Screwdriver/Cosmo. Also, check out irmcdermott's Fuzzball, which Haberdasher could etch for you. It's basically the Ke*ley Fuz*head circuit, and it has a really good range of boost to overdrive to near-fuzz. I boxed one recently and am loving it.

Matt

If you are using single coils, a color sound overdriver clone can clean up quite nicely.  Plus, it has a bandaxall eq which gives you some control over the tone.  I don't think it would clean up so well with high output pickups, however.
Matt