News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Open Discussion / Re: New to Pedal Building and ...
Last post by Aentons - May 24, 2024, 09:27:04 PM
Welcome
Last post by jimilee - May 24, 2024, 07:38:34 PM
Quote from: derevaun on May 24, 2024, 06:27:45 PMWelcome! I've learned a lot from others' help threads. There's something about a troubleshooting thread that restores some faith in humanity.
I will echo this. Read a lot of troubleshooting threads and find the most common issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last post by derevaun - May 24, 2024, 06:27:45 PM
Welcome! I've learned a lot from others' help threads. There's something about a troubleshooting thread that restores some faith in humanity.
Last post by jessenator - May 24, 2024, 05:29:08 PM
Welcome, welcome!

Echoing the above.
How Do I? Beginner's Paradise. / Re: Sagan Delay Send/Return Ja...
Last post by jimilee - May 24, 2024, 04:30:39 PM
Quote from: Jakes Dad on May 24, 2024, 01:45:19 AMCool. Thanks, I can get it done and still have wire left!
Chuck
Bwahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last post by Aleph Null - May 24, 2024, 04:23:56 PM
Welcome aboard!

jwin615 made some great recommendations. There's lots of knowledgeable people here so definitely ask away. We all remember what it's like to be new to the hobby—and there's always more to learn.
Last post by jwin615 - May 24, 2024, 01:00:03 PM
Welcome to the board and the hobby!
Where to post a question kinda depends on the nature of the question.
Tech help is more reserved for madbean projects specifically.
How do I? Subforum is more for process specific questions.
General Questions is kinda everything else. But there's no hard rules or anything. I would suggest keeping madbean project questions in the tech help area as Brian(bean) may be more likely to see them and see sooner.
Here, diystompboxes and the pedalpcb forum are all great resources both to ask questions and search for information. It's always a good idea to search for a given project before building as you may find mods, substitutions or other ideas from previous builds that will be useful.
I would recommend reading through resources, regardless. Also, build an audio probe, see The tutorials section:
https://madbeanpedals.com/tutorials/index.html
Instructions in the prototyping rig doc, but all are good reads.
Good info in the PPCB wiki as well
https://wiki.pedalpcb.com/wiki/Main_Page
Also read over Brian's build docs. He writes some of the best and there's always good info there to learn from. Even just reading some of the older ones in the archives can be beneficial.
See amzfx as well
https://www.muzique.com/
Welcome. And remember, a hot iron for short bursts and don't melt your 3pdt.
Introductions / New to Pedal Building and Eage...
Last post by marcosandrew - May 24, 2024, 06:37:26 AM
Hi Community,

I am eager to join the Madbean Pedals people community.I've recently started building my own pedals and have been fascinated by the DIY approach to creating unique sound effects. This community appears to be a fabulous spot to learn, share thoughts and get advice from experienced builders.

I am looking forward to exploring the various sections, especially the "Build Reports" and "Tech Help" areas. If I have any questions should I post them in "Tech Help," or is there another recommended section for newbies like me ?

I am glad to be here, and I can't wait to get started on the projects and discussions.

Thanks,
Marcos
Open Discussion / New to Pedal Building and Eage...
Last post by marcosandrew - May 24, 2024, 06:35:20 AM
Hi Community,

I'm eager to join the Madbean Pedals people community.I've recently started building my own pedals and have been fascinated by the DIY approach to creating unique sound effects. This community appears to be a fabulous spot to learn, share thoughts and get advice from experienced builders.

I am looking forward to exploring the various sections, especially the "Build Reports" and "Tech Help" areas. If I have any questions should I post them in "Tech Help," or is there another recommended section for newbies like me ?

I'm glad to be here, and I can't wait to get started on the projects and discussions.

Thanks,
Marcos
Cool. Thanks, I can get it done and still have wire left!
Chuck