News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Curious. What do you do for a living?

Started by das234, June 16, 2013, 11:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

For the last 4 years, I've been the Director of Student Activities at a small college. I like to describe it as a combination of event planning, teaching, and mental health management  ;D

However, next month I'm dropping everything to move to Nashville to pursue playing guitar full time. It's one of those things that I've never really gotten out of my system and I don't want to regret not trying to make it work.

Some days, I'm completely stoked about it. Other days, I'm terrified.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

jkokura

I'm a Pastor. I work with Students largely, as well as in the Musical end of things. I preach, I teach, and I pray.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GermanCdn

Quote from: madbean on June 19, 2013, 03:35:21 PM
For sure, I would never, ever take a regular desk/office/corporate job again. It is too soul sucking.

I fill the cavity where my soul used to be with guitars and pedals.  It's kind of like walking around with a transplanted pig's heart, but I get by.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

gtr2

Quote from: eldanko on June 19, 2013, 04:12:06 PM
However, next month I'm dropping everything to move to Nashville to pursue playing guitar full time. It's one of those things that I've never really gotten out of my system and I don't want to regret not trying to make it work.

Some days, I'm completely stoked about it. Other days, I'm terrified.

WOW!  That's awesome!
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Matt

Quote from: culturejam on June 19, 2013, 12:56:47 PM
Quote from: Dc10 on June 19, 2013, 01:13:42 AMI've never heard of a Parnis watch I'll have to check that out.

They make near-clones of famous brands/models. They don't copy it exactly, and they use their own name on it (so it's clear it is not a $5k watch), so I don't see anything wrong with it. They actually make a super-nice series of Panerai clones (among others):
http://jacksontse.com/new/product-page.php?product_id=79

The site linked above also sells watch kits with all the parts ready to assemble (movement is already put together, so it's just putting on the dial/hands and then locking it down in a case). I've almost ordered the kit about 10 times. :)

The one I have is a IWC clone:

The IWC clone is sweet.  

Go for it!!!!  Get the kit!  Otto Frei I believe has kits as well, in case you need more options.
Matt

pedalman

put a LED and a 3PDT on that watch with a mini fuzz circuit
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.