News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda UV Printing now offering ALL sides (including "lid")

Started by jessenator, November 12, 2023, 05:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessenator

Noticed this while spec pricing my next order, but it looks like Tayda now offers printing services for all sides on 1590B, 1590N1/125B, and 1590BB enclosures (including the 'lid')

As of writing it doesn't look like the downloadable art templates reflect the additional spaces for the sides, but the dimensions are listed on the cart item for each additional side printing. Would be good to know which orientation art needs to be submitted with, but I might I email so I emailed them about that as well as to clarify if one needs to order a uv-gloss item for each side, or if it's just per job.

Pretty neat, though.

Invertiguy

Yeah I noticed that as well and I'm definitely gonna take them up on that in the future!. Definitely a cool move on their part, although I do hope they eventually offer it for all enclosure sizes (especially the 1590 BB2 and the 1590XX).
Doomsday Devices

Bio77

I'm curious about this, too. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Is there a non printed region at the edges?  Or, can graphics wrap around? 

jessenator

Quote from: Bio77 on November 13, 2023, 03:27:09 PM
I'm curious about this, too. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Is there a non printed region at the edges?  Or, can graphics wrap around?
Definitely posting whatever reply I get. Here's what I hand-measured based on the item description for a side printing. I'd assume that while the corners won't wrap graphics, the printable space seems to go all the way to (maybe a little over) the smallest tapered edge—measured the "B" side of the 1590N1/125B: 57x33 mm

Quote from: Invertiguy on November 13, 2023, 10:25:49 AM
Yeah I noticed that as well and I'm definitely gonna take them up on that in the future!. Definitely a cool move on their part, although I do hope they eventually offer it for all enclosure sizes (especially the 1590 BB2 and the 1590XX).
For sure. I'm guessing the sizes they list are the most popular. I can't say for certain, but it's likely a slowdown in their regular production to do side printing options, so they're only willing to start with the more commonly purchased enclosures, or are only set up for them. Meh, I might be wrong.

jessenator

Okay, I'm a dum-dum, and neglected to check my email this morning before posting, and Hugo got back to me. He confirmed my assumption about the orientation of each side of the enclosure for artwork:

In fact, he asked if it could be used on their site so I said, sure, no problem ;D

Also:
- a gloss item (if desired) would need to be purchased for each side
- a separate PDF would need to be uploaded for each side