News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wolfshirt build report

Started by matmosphere, May 20, 2015, 03:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

This is my first build with board mounted pots, and my second PCB build overall. I usually build on vero but the mounted pots do make the off board wiring super quick. I forgot to put in a LED, this was my first build in several months. I'll add it when I put in the octave switch.

It sounds great but it is really LOUD. I used 2n3904's instead of 2n3565's, although I might switch them out later to compare the sounds. I thought the octave sound would cut through a little more, but I'm happy with the build. The electrolytic caps I used were a little to tall and so the case can barely close.

TGP39

Great job Matthew. I can't believe this is only your second pedal build. You did a great job with the wiring. My second build was terrible.  :o. great work.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

matmosphere

Thanks man. It's not actually my second build, just second build with a PCB. I've done about 1/2 dozen builds on vero.

jimilee

Great looking, interesting decisions n to put the stomp to one side. I like it, it's unusual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Thanks Jimi. I have put the stomp on one side or the other of all of my builds. I kind of like the look, and it generally leaves more room for lettering. I've done most of the lettering using cheap stencils so I can't get it very small. I should probably figure out how to etch or do waterslide decals, but I just haven't wanted to invest in the materials yet. Rather invest in other stuff to build. It's all about the tone right now. I'll figure out the other stuff later.

Feel like I should have given it a different name though, it's supposed to be 3Wolf Moan, but a few people have pointed out to me that it doesn't read quiet right. Maybe 3 Wolf Tone instead. Oh well