News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tightening pots and footswitches

Started by sprayfe, April 09, 2011, 03:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprayfe

???
I sent a build off to one of my first customers. I tightened and tested everything before I sent it off- customer received it and it's grounded out somewhere and everything is loose.... Really
Embarrassing. What do you guys do? I refunded him, no questions asked- i just really want to avoid this in the future.
Thanks!
Noob

jtn191

due to temperature, pressure, and manhandling during shipment?

...I'd try maybe putting it in the fridge/freezer to cool it down then tightening up or using electrical tape/heatsink on problem bare wires/metal

bigmufffuzzwizz

A 50 piece rachet set with some pliers does the trick for me.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

petesz

Worst feeling. I once gave a pedal to a friend for his birthday, he got it home and it didnt work.. I felt pretty crap!
Now i've sold a few to people and havnt had any complaints yet, but its still my worst fear ill actually sell a pedal and it wont work on delivery for some reason!

CRBMoA

I too have encountered this. And I tighten my jacks to just before the stripping point.

I think there is ALOT of vibration during shipping. And now that I pad more, I have no complaints.

I used to use minimal padding, rationalizing that my builds would not be getting crushed.

But isolating your precious cargo from hours of vVVVVVVvvvvvibration on a plane or a truck just makes sense.

Haberdasher

Wow, that sucks.

The extra padding is probably the best idea.

My only other thought would be to try replacing all the flat washers with split-ring or spring washers? (I have not tried this)
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS