News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pancake Overdrive (Crowther Hotcake)

Started by jimmybjj, January 13, 2012, 01:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmybjj

Built this one to verify the layout that i made. Nice sounding overdrive. The silver is just sandblasted aluminum and the black powder coating is called DC texture from "Powder 365"

Pcbs no longer available

nzCdog

Wow!  That is slick...  I love your pedals man, very pro

jkokura

I agree, that is really slick. I like that one a lot Jim. Did you use a tape method for creating the stripes? Is there an edge to the paint job?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

sgmezei

Love the racing stripes. I can't believe you got them lined up so perfectly with the bottom plate!

Bret608

I agree this is beautiful! I've always like the sound of the Hotcake but have never played one.

I have two questions. First, what is that type of knob called? I saw something similar at Smallbear; I think it was called a synth pointer or something...

Second (and I've been meaning to ask this for a while), where does one find that type of LED cover? Or is that actually the LED itself?

Thanks,

Bret

LaceSensor

Quote from: Bret608 on January 13, 2012, 03:13:11 PM
I agree this is beautiful! I've always like the sound of the Hotcake but have never played one.

I have two questions. First, what is that type of knob called? I saw something similar at Smallbear; I think it was called a synth pointer or something...

Second (and I've been meaning to ask this for a while), where does one find that type of LED cover? Or is that actually the LED itself?

Thanks,

Bret

They are sometimes called LED lenses.
In the UK at least I can get them from Rapid electronics. Should be worldwide.
Some are flush, some are 1/2 cm protruding. I jsut got a few and will likely use one on my next build.

Haberdasher

Killer job on this, Jim!  Your stuff is looking very pro these days.  Two thumbs up.

Quote from: Bret608 on January 13, 2012, 03:13:11 PMSecond (and I've been meaning to ask this for a while), where does one find that type of LED cover?

Hey Bret, mouser has them in a variety of colors as well as clear and frosted clear.
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=CLB300
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Bret608

Wow, thanks Haberdasher. This may be what pushes me over into attempting a Mouser order!

From the picture, looks like the lens just replaces the usual bezels and you match the color between the lens and LED.

DutchMF

Pedal looks killer, man! Love to let that face off with Mr. Marshall.......

@ Haberdasher: If you have any more part nr's you'd like to share, please post them (and this one, my short-term memory sucks........) in the Mouser Basic Ordering Tutorial thread, I'm compiling a list for everyone who's interested. Thanx in advance and spread the word!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jimmybjj

Thanks for all of the compliments guys.
Quote from: jkokura on January 13, 2012, 04:07:20 AM
I agree, that is really slick. I like that one a lot Jim. Did you use a tape method for creating the stripes? Is there an edge to the paint job?

Jacob

Yes, I used high temp masking tape used in powder coating. I wouldn't call it an edge but there is a difference in levels obviously. Since the finish is powder coated I have no worries about durability especially after it is powder coated.

Quote from: Bret608 on January 13, 2012, 03:13:11 PM

To be honest I don't know. But I can tell you I bought them at mouser :) I think the guys covered the second question.

Pcbs no longer available

Bret608

Cool! Thanks...they did get me covered on the LED. Looks like all roads lead to Mouser in this case!