News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Spst question.

Started by Wellu, January 03, 2015, 07:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wellu

Hello.

Is it possible to make a pedal on/off switch with just a spst switch? Propable problem if you have to wire +9 and guitar input + to the same pin?

kothoma

No, this won't work.

You could switch the battery with a SPST, but in off-position you wouldn't get a bypassed signal, you'd get no guitar signal at all, and you'd get a loud pop while switching.
That's why nobody switches the battery.

For a bypass function you need at least a DPDT.

Wellu

Thanks kothoma, i thought that it probably wouldn't work.

davent

You could use the spst to control a relay or cmos switch that would then do all the signal routing but that's a whole other kettle of fish.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Wellu

Oh yes! I have also thought about relay controls and been fascinated by it, however for the time being i need to go and get dpdt or 3pdt switch,  because i need to mail my effect out very soon.

Wellu

Any idea how to include also a led to dpdt switching? I know it would be easy just ti use a 3pdt - switches which i have plenty, but the effect i'm building is so ridicolously small, that any stompswitches won't fit.

Suzukiscottie

Quote from: Wellu on January 04, 2015, 10:38:07 AM
Any idea how to include also a led to dpdt switching?

Millennium bypass, simple enough, few components. That might fit within your space requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellu

Ok! That seems interesting! Have to try that.