News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Quit an album start an album.

Started by icecycle66, April 17, 2015, 09:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecycle66

So, I was trying to write an album last year. That went to crap and I trashed it.
Now I'm working on another one.
Oh mama, I got some weird stuff brewing in this one.

GermanCdn

I've been working on a follow up to my 1999 album since, err, 2001.

If it works for Axl, it works for me  ::).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

wgc

Did that too

"Be ready to sacrifice everything you are for all that you might become"

Best advice I ever got
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

selfdestroyer

Quote from: GermanCdn on April 17, 2015, 09:34:12 PM

You probably need to build one more pedal to get that album done with lol.. rinse and repeat.

Cody

icecycle66

Quote from: selfdestroyer on April 17, 2015, 11:19:56 PM
You probably need to build one more pedal to get that album done with lol.. rinse and repeat.

Cody

Indeed, this particular cycle does not help.  I can either spend 2 hours setting up drums and mics and then finally getting around to writing and working on a drum part, or I can spend two hours building a pedal and get instant gratification.

gordo

You just need to lower your expectations. In a move from the Kim Mitchell playbook keep the technology low and easily accessible.  You're more apt to get something down that can be built on rather than missing the idea and opportunity because you spent all you time trying to get it right the first time. Sort of a musical c**k block.

This coming from a guy that hasn't recorded in at least a year.  I'm in the process of redoing the Laffing Dog website though, so will try to follow thru with new demos of the pedal.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

GermanCdn

Yeah, I'm trying to go ultra low tech to getting the rough tracks done (partially cause I'm away from home three weeks a month).  Boss Micro BR and a Lace Huntington.  That's it.  Figure I can get the song ideas finished, fire them off to my writing partner and let him chew on them for a while.

Last year I dedicated 10 whole days while Bon was on a girls cruise to trying to get scratch tracks down for 14 song ideas.  Ended up doing my best Eric Johnson impersonation, trying out every single guitar/pedal/amp combo, and getting nothing done, when in reality I probably could have got 80% of the way there with one guitar and a basic FX patch (one guitar!   Heresy I tell you!  Burn the witch!).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

pickdropper

Quote from: GermanCdn on April 17, 2015, 09:34:12 PM

Canadian Democracy?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper