News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

only 1 repeat with sea urchin deep blue delay

Started by ian, May 07, 2016, 06:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ian

I built the sea urchin. Added a momentary switch for  infinite repeats. Sounds amazing. Played with it for a few hours. Then got it installed in my enclosure. Now it only has 1 repeat. The momentary still works but it feeds back 1 time with the normal control. Any idea what's going on? I've removed it from the enclosure and still only 1 repeat

Haberdasher

pt2399 chips sometimes lock up, and there doesn't seem to be any way to predict when they'll do it.  the good news is there's usually a simple remedy for it- just hardwire pins 3 & 4 together.  that may solve your problem, and definitely worth a try!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

ian

cool ill try that thanks. i was gonna message you about it. the bord is great man. ill be getting another probably today. it worked great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkJVgfPmDqY

jimilee

For some reason, every incarnation of this circuit that I've seen locks up. I've 3 or 4 myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ian

it was the pot. jumping pins didnt work. new pot, and all is well. thanks for the reply though

Haberdasher

Quote from: jimireed on May 07, 2016, 08:20:42 PM
it was the pot. jumping pins didnt work. new pot, and all is well. thanks for the reply though
ah, cool.  glad it's sorted out now!

cheers

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

ian

Quote from: jimilee on May 07, 2016, 08:09:10 PM
For some reason, every incarnation of this circuit that I've seen locks up. I've 3 or 4 myself.

yea i think this ic is good. i got lucky. didn't realize how finicky they were and only ordered one from tayada. but i only had some cheapo 50k pots. and ether the time or repeats one failed. i swapped both and its working good now. should have done that first lol. iI use alphas for everything usually ill order some of those today, possibly some from  CTS. and some pt2399s in bulk so i can select the best ones. im adding tap tempo and led tempo next. id like to add tails as well if anyone has a good schem for that. this is a great delay for sure. haven't enjoyed playing my guitar this much since i sold my Aqua Puss. the quality of boards the dude makes is great. the black looks very nice, and clean

jimilee

I love me some delays.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Haberdasher

Quote from: jimireed on May 07, 2016, 10:03:31 PM
Quote from: jimilee on May 07, 2016, 08:09:10 PM

yea i think this ic is good. i got lucky. didn't realize how finicky they were and only ordered one from tayada. but i only had some cheapo 50k pots. and ether the time or repeats one failed. i swapped both and its working good now. should have done that first lol. iI use alphas for everything usually ill order some of those today, possibly some from  CTS. and some pt2399s in bulk so i can select the best ones. im adding tap tempo and led tempo next. id like to add tails as well if anyone has a good schem for that. this is a great delay for sure. haven't enjoyed playing my guitar this much since i sold my Aqua Puss. the quality of boards the dude makes is great. the black looks very nice, and clean
Thanks man  8)

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

Stomptown

Quote from: jimilee on May 07, 2016, 10:07:58 PM
I love me some delays.

Don't go making the phaser jealous now Jimi!

jimilee

Quote from: Stomptown on May 07, 2016, 11:32:43 PM
Quote from: jimilee on May 07, 2016, 10:07:58 PM
I love me some delays.

Don't go making the phaser jealous now Jimi!
We'll see, delays are like candy, phasers are my mistress.