News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Muck Monkey (2in1 TeslaCannon/Muff variant)

Started by raulduke, July 17, 2013, 09:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

Howdy guys.

Been a while since I posted a build!

The weather is glorious in the UK at the moment (high 20's to 30C), so I am trying to make the most of it while it lasts; it will start p*ssing it down with rain again soon no doubt  :D

This is another custom build that I recently completed.

It's a 2 in 1 pedal, with two Tesla Cannon circuits running with Master + A/B switching.

I used  BC184 transistors for the lower gain rhythm channel, and 2N5088 transistors for the higher gain lead channel. I also used larger coupling caps in a few positions on the rhythm channel to get a little bit more bass going on.

The pedal was hand painted at the request of the customer. I have not done this for a while (I usually use decals/labels), but I was pretty happy with the end results. I should get the old paint brush out more often!

It sounded great when testing, and the Master + A/B switching that the customer requested was a good idea as it allows you to go from clean, to rhythm to lead very easily.

Hope you like the pic, but no gut-shot for this one unfortunately (I know; lame right  ::)), as I was so eager to ship the pedal I forgot to take any!

Petrucci

Pretty Sweet. Wish you did take a gut shot!
Enjoy the weather in the UK!

Cortexturizer

great looking thing! and of course those bc184s rock! :)
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

midwayfair

Awesome lettering. Was that done with a brush, or something else? It looks ... gloopy.

raulduke

Cheers dude!

It was done with a brush and.... black hammerite (hence the gloopiness).

The guy wanted the look to fit the name (he is a plasterer by trade hence 'muck monkey'  ;)) so I went with the most gloopy of gloopy paints I could find; me'old favourite hammerite  :D

twin1965

Really like the look of that  :) The lettering looks fantastic!

True about the weather. Haven't built anything in days! Don't know when it will turn into our normal British summer! i.e rain