News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Relay based looper? product suggestion for Brian.

Started by thorpy6, April 15, 2013, 01:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorpy6

i did not know these things existed. goes to prove- theres rarely an original idea.

jkokura

Yeah man, there's lots out there!

For the record, if I came off too strong, or too negative, my apologies. I do that sometimes, and it's hard to have internet conversations without coming off the wrong way sometimes. My apologies.

Don't feel gutted. Do some research on the various options out there and ask any questions you're wanting.

jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

thorpy6

Quote from: jkokura on April 15, 2013, 07:04:05 PM

For the record, if I came off too strong, or too negative, my apologies. I do that sometimes, and it's hard to have internet conversations without coming off the wrong way sometimes. My apologies.

Don't feel gutted. Do some research on the various options out there and ask any questions you're wanting.

jacob

Its ok, ive got thick skin lol and text never conveys tone etc so i always take that into account.

Really i suppose what i should have come out with is that i have a strong affinity towards madbean boards, they always work, the quality is great and i have literally bought more than i can remember. It'd be great if Brian could do the whole modular relay/buffer/boost board or something like this because a) i know it will work b) i know it will be simple to build and c) well id rather put my money his way because i trust him

Thomas_H

Hi Thorpy6,

I just found this thread. I have developed the pedal controller that was mentioned and will try helping you to find what you need. The part I do not understand yet is the buffer/driver you mentioned.

Do you want to level out the signal for each loop separately or what do you want to do ?

Thomas
DIY-PCBs and projects:

thorpy6

Quote from: Thomas_H on April 15, 2013, 07:33:08 PM
Hi Thorpy6,

I just found this thread. I have developed the pedal controller that was mentioned and will try helping you to find what you need. The part I do not understand yet is the buffer/driver you mentioned.

Do you want to level out the signal for each loop separately or what do you want to do ?

Thomas

Thomas,  in all honesty i think the controller you offer is too much for the likes of me, it looks amazing but as im really after something simpler in application im not sure if it might be too complex. The relay module you have designed the mv-57B looks very nice though. The boost/buffer i was on about though is the option to assign a post effect volume cut/boost into a loop and or place a buffer into the loop to improve signal strength / drive the line etc. The purpose of the optional volume would be to raise or lower the effected loops volume to match the bypassed signal. this would be great if old fuzzes etc (whose volume is sometimes less than unity) are put into the loops. the buffer option would be if the single module were to go into a solitary pedal.

Thomas_H

Just to clarify, i am not the pedalsync guy, i did design the pedal controller mentioned here: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=8130.0

Basically what you need is an adjustable gain stage in front of every effect loop return.
Out of experience a driver to boost signal strength is only needed in front and/ or  behind the whole looper.
So would it not be the better solution to either modify the pedals in question with an additional LBP1 booster which has a very small footprint or put only a few such devices into the looper you want to build?

Of course any other good booster like madbeans bacon bits can be used as well.
DIY-PCBs and projects:

thorpy6

Quote from: Thomas_H on April 15, 2013, 09:07:36 PM
Just to clarify, i am not the pedalsync guy, i did design the pedal controller mentioned here: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=8130.0

so sorry, i went fifty fifty and lost. My statement still stands though--- your controller is epic!