News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PedalPCB.com Spatialist Reverb with yuletide cheer

Started by jjjimi84, December 22, 2021, 02:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is a demo and build report of a pretty cool FV-1 based reverb. I learned a little jaazzzzz and played it on the appropriate guitar into my Trinity Amps Tweed Deluxe. These FV-1 pedals are sounding really good to me lately and this one is no joke. I am planning on ordering the headtrip when the polytrog and charlatan get released, I was informed that Brian's implementation might be a better option so I look forward to a shoot out.

This was part of a request from a forum member, he asked me to paint something for a reverb pedal and once I started thinking of ideas I thought it would be cool to do a two at once kind of thing.

I used an airbrush to blast all of the gloss black and then using white paint I blew on stars and the halo for the planet. Once all of that dried I used testors color change paint to paint in the world. The astronaut was then hand painted on top of that and I used a different color of color change paint for the helmet.

Hope you all dig this video and have a great holiday!!!!

[youtube width=540]https://youtu.be/RCrX2jWgbjc[/youtube]

m-Kresol

Holy smokes... that looks perfect in every way possible.

happy holidays to you too
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Bio77

That's all kinds of cool!  Great job, Dan.

I'm a big fan of the FV-1 reverbs.  I have a PCB tri-verb on my board.  The shimmer reverb is my favorite.

How did you get the multicolor LED?

jjjimi84

Thank you very much! The multi color led came from bonzai, it is a finnicky little guy. You have to tap +9v right from the jack and put the cathode to the switch. With it being powered through the board it caused a audible whine as it cycled colors.

brucer

Terrific builds Dan; great art and nice playing too!

All best for holidays and year to come.

cooder

Sweet demo yet again, great playing to show them options off yuletide jumper and all. Style and yuge reverbs there. 8)
BigNoise Amplification

pickdropper

I really dig the artwork on that.  Very well done.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jjjimi84

Guys I really appreciate all of the positive feedback, I am working moderately hard trying to get these videos better. My brother is getting involved to help with the pedal cams to get them up to par. I have a lot planned for the future including my 2021 boty multi pedal that i couldn't enter..........

jimilee

Those look freakin killer man, nicely done. Is that a dead astronaut guy in space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Quote from: jjjimi84 on December 23, 2021, 11:58:47 PM
Guys I really appreciate all of the positive feedback, I am working moderately hard trying to get these videos better. My brother is getting involved to help with the pedal cams to get them up to par. I have a lot planned for the future including my 2021 boty multi pedal that i couldn't enter..........
Man, I wanna see that multi... can't wait!
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Quote from: jimilee on December 24, 2021, 12:15:07 AM
Those look freakin killer man, nicely done. Is that a dead astronaut guy in space?

I imagined him to be marooned and left for dead. I was thinking about having a hand of a deity on my side reaching for him but without the astronaut it just seemed odd. Plus I really love the simplicity of it.

jimilee

Quote from: jjjimi84 on December 24, 2021, 12:53:04 AM
Quote from: jimilee on December 24, 2021, 12:15:07 AM

I imagined him to be marooned and left for dead. I was thinking about having a hand of a deity on my side reaching for him but without the astronaut it just seemed odd. Plus I really love the simplicity of it.
It looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

gordo

You continue to crush.  Just stunning between the video work, the playing, the build, the painting...everything.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jjjimi84

Quote from: gordo on December 24, 2021, 04:04:51 PM
You continue to crush.  Just stunning between the video work, the playing, the build, the painting...everything.

WOW That is too kind of you, thank you very much. I had a good teacher.

Quote from: alanp on December 24, 2021, 03:18:12 AM
Impeccable.

High Praise, Thank you!!!