News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Woohoo, after a lot of hard work i finally have a STD!

Started by jimmybjj, December 18, 2011, 02:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmybjj

Everyone else has one so i had to see what the fuss was about. My fingers burn a little and my eyes are watery but its all worth it.

Nothing fancy but I'm still digging it. The finish is Pearlescent white with Illusion Amethyst  flake powder coat, you can't see the nuances at all in the pictures but its readily apparent in person. The layout is my own with obvious influences from Brian's most resent layout iterations.

Pcbs no longer available

jtn191

mjcyates

Nice job. Looks great. That wire looks just like the wire I have been using lately.

dwstanford

Awesome!  That looks so professional.  That name reminds me of a joke my father told me:

A man runs out of a motel and flags down a cop and says, "Officer!  Officer!  Please help.  There's a woman in that motel room bleeding to death from the clap."  The offer looks at him puzzled and says, "Wait a minute, you can't bleed to death from the clap."  And the man says, "If you give it to me, you can."

Haberdasher

Very nice job man.  I wish I was into the powder coating thing, it looks so dang good.

I would have to laugh if I saw this on the same board as your Slutter pedal.  :D
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

nzCdog

Thats what you get for foolin around I guess ;)
Very nice build and cool board... your a machine  8)

jimmybjj

Yes it is a OCD :) Thanks for all of the great compliments guy, i appreciate them.

Quote from: Haberdasher on December 18, 2011, 04:47:41 AM
Very nice job man.  I wish I was into the powder coating thing, it looks so dang good.

I would have to laugh if I saw this on the same board as your Slutter pedal.  :D

Ha, I think my wife would start asking questions if she saw both of those pedals on the same board :)

Pcbs no longer available

raulduke

Nice work mate.

I'm going to have to have a go at board mounted pots in eagle.

Makes the wiring look very easy.

Did you use one of Madbean's drilling templates for the 125B?

jimmybjj

No, madbean's enclosure layouts are for the particular board they were designed for, or generic use. It's easy enough to create your own though. Just export a copy of your .brd to you favorite image editing program and merge that with your favorite template. I turn off all layers except the dimentions and bplace (I think that's the layer, whatever layer that contains the outline image of the pot)
Pcbs no longer available

bigmufffuzzwizz

Dude it looks so good! You have so much room in the inside of the enclosure, and that layout is definitely MB quality.  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

TNblueshawk

John

cab_eleven