News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Please help me...

Started by night-B, March 08, 2011, 05:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

night-B

Yes it do works. Sounds great I'll post it in the build reports. I don't know why it's inverted with the jacks.
Thank you so much for helping me even if I made a very very stupid mistake...

madbean

I've made the same mistake as recently as my Echobase build. Hooked it up on the test rig, fired it up...WTF! It took me 10 minutes to realize I had not connected the input wire to anything.

night-B

Hours of brainstorming because I have put the input jack on the wrong side of the enclosure. Sorry for this stupid thread!
Edit: The second "broken" stompbox had the same problem. The third the kokbox is still dead, I just received some replacement BS170 yesterday, I'll try to swap them.

k.rock!

I'm glad you were able to fix yours night-butterfly! For those who care, I posted something similar here in a reply mentioning I was having a similar issue with another build. In my case it was the diode used for power supply polarity protection. Don't know exactly how it got compromised (my cousin only uses this pedal exclusively on a 9v battery so the possibility of plugging in the wrong power supply is not in the picture). I guess I had a faulty diode to begin with and only lasted so long, so in the circuit it was acting as a short circuit which in result it ended shorting pin 8 on a JRC4558D (+V) to ground...hence the pedal apparent "death".

Anyways, thank you all for helping night-butterfly at the same time you were all helping me :)

Just a side-note...the DMM is definitely your friend! Specially the continuity functions!  ;D

Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

night-B

Glad to hear you found the faulty component! I'm hunting in the same way on my kokbox, but I'm so happy my 2 other pedals are on my board again  ;D
Thanks guys !

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: night-butterfly on March 11, 2011, 06:19:25 PM
I don't know why it's inverted with the jacks. Thank you so much for helping me even if I made a very very stupid mistake...

I'm glad to see you got your two builds working. These "stupid" mistakes are very necessary for us to learn and use as a reference. We all make them, now great troubleshooting!!!

Quote from: k.rock! on March 12, 2011, 07:33:38 PM
Just a side-note...the DMM is definitely your friend! Specially the continuity functions!  ;D

Yes!! I use it all the time. Sometimes I think I'm being too careful when I find myself testing continuity on every single solder point.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals