News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Eternity Micro Build

Started by standingzero, July 09, 2016, 01:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

standingzero

This one's a long time coming. I'm working on a micro pedalboard and finished this one up. I wanted to go the micro build route rather than a combo build to allow for routing flexibility. The plan is a fuzz (with buffer), OD, Rat, and Delay.

I followed Madbean's "Baby Board" guide, which was helpful since it mounts the LED post on the top left corner of the 3pdt. Also, compact jacks were a must, as was a mini dc jack. Anything larger would have me drilling holes far too large to allow for pcb clearance. I'm traveling so I had to make due with only black hookup wire, that proved to be a chore whilst troubleshooting in such a small space!

wgc

Good job!  If you don't have some in there already, add a piece of insulating material between pcb and lid.

I started doing these for the same reason and pretty much the same fx.

Changed things up a bit since then, mostly stuck wah, compressor, od, delay. Sometimes a phase 90 instead of wah, or octaver or riot instead before od.

Hard to beat for ease of transport and flexibility.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Drew Hallenbeck

I don't think I've seen those mini DC jacks before. They look pretty interesting, where did you get them?
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Leevibe

standingzero

Thanks man! The backplate is lined with electrical tape.

Which compressor and octaver are you using? I'm shopping around for small pcb versions of those.

Quote from: wgc on July 09, 2016, 01:39:16 PM
Good job!  If you don't have some in there already, add a piece of insulating material between pcb and lid.

Changed things up a bit since then, mostly stuck wah, compressor, od, delay. Sometimes a phase 90 instead of wah, or octaver or riot instead before od.

nzCdog

standingzero

Quote from: desmondtencents on July 09, 2016, 03:19:55 PM
I don't think I've seen those mini DC jacks before. They look pretty interesting, where did you get them?

Check the Babyboard build guide. There's a product number for Mouser.

wgc

Quote from: standingzero on July 09, 2016, 04:54:14 PM
Thanks man! The backplate is lined with electrical tape.

Which compressor and octaver are you using? I'm shopping around for small pcb versions of those.

Quote from: wgc on July 09, 2016, 01:39:16 PM

I did an smd layout of an octavia and Jon p bear hug (with his kind permission and agreement not to sell any). You can search my build reports and they should show up. I have a few others yet to build, been a really busy summer for me.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings