News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Forum issues

Started by madbean, March 17, 2024, 12:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleph Null

I'm seeing the reverse. It also seems to be my account.

jessenator

I wonder if it's cookie related... for some reason it's okay on my phone, but on desktop after clearing them it won't let me log in at all. Strange. But glad it's up!

oeslicoalfin

When on the homepage, it indicates I haven't logged in with options for login or signup. When I come to this thread, it shows me logged in at the top left of the page. I also can't see the content headings for members - just the links for the general pop open to everyone. Glad you're back up. Looking forward to full functionality.

madbean

There is a cookie problem for sure. There are several options for how cookies are used in the smf admin panel but none of them seem to be helping. I've tried enabling local cookie storage and forcing SSL forwarders. For the meantime we are just going to have to put up with a half operating forum until I can get it fixed. But, better this than leaving the whole thing offline like it has been for the last few weeks.

The other thing that's happening is it seems when people log in the user panel shows someone else's account (as people have mentioned). There's no access to other member's accounts, it just shows their member name as far as I can tell.

I may have to just give up the ghost and pay for something like Xenforo and also someone to migrate the database to it. I'm not against that, it's just frustrating as hell.

jimilee

Can't log in using Safari, I sent an email with a screen shot.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jessenator

test. I hope this is posting as my (jessenator), because I can see things that aren't mine  ???

Like, I can see more of the whole user control panel, options to change another users data, see their PMs, etc. it's all there... a bad actor's wildest dream.

redkurn

Quote from: madbean on April 09, 2024, 04:09:19 PMDefinitely a problem with cookie storage. That would explain most everything. I'll see if I can get it sorted.

came to the forum to check if it's back yet and had some other name, but once i logged in it was fine.

glad to see it back and the shop had changes made, sent you a email thinking something happened, glad it was just the updating you mentioned some time ago.

after posting i was sent back to the main section, appeared to be logged out. cookies are kind of working properly, haven't been in a CMS in a long while so i'm probably of no help.  ;D

Govmnt_Lacky

Still randomly showing as logged in and then when moving to a thread or back to main page it shows as logged out.
Also, posts on threads do not show up after posting. They take a bit of time to show.

EDIT: Also, forum time is screwed up. Even when I can select a time zone to get it to show as correct, as soon as I change pages it reverts back to the wrong time. If you change the time zone too many times you get a "token error" and it is still screwed up.

Micpoc

Checking in this morning, I am still logged in from yesterday, so the system is remembering me.

mauman

Welcome back!  I just hit the front page to log in, and it showed me already logged in as dan schumaker, who I'm not.  But after navigating a few pages, my login name shows correctly in the banner, and it's my account settings.

midwayfair

Yay!

Also: mother of god where's the dark mode option?

Willybomb

I was logged on as Haberdasher, or Jimilee, or myself depending on what area of the forum I was in.

Wasn't able to post in the build reports until I was, neither are showing up in the subs, and with the second one I got an error page saying I'd already submitted the post.

oeslicoalfin

Things are getting better. The home page remembers me being logged in, and I'm still logged in when I navigate back to it, and I can see the hosted support forums now when none of this was working for me yesterday. Keep tinkering!

brucer

Quote from: midwayfair on April 11, 2024, 01:25:50 AMYay!

Also: mother of god where's the dark mode option?

Click on username in upper left of top bar, select Look and Layout, click "CHANGE" next to Current Theme\Forum or Board Default, scroll down to "Dark Caramel", select "USE THIS THEME"

jessenator

Things seem to be coming together on mobile. Haven't tried signing in on desktop today

At least I'm not able to change derevaun's info anymore ;)