News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Cosmopolitan (screwdriver)

Started by fish22, March 27, 2013, 04:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fish22

Hey everybody, here is a cosmo I've been working on the last 2 weeks.
I have been trying to find a fuzz that isn't your typical fuzz face. I wanted something more like an overdrive with fuzz qualities to it, and I think this is exactly that! I absolutely love this circuit! I'm floored with how good this sounds. It is stock and uses an AC127. I really want to do a lunar module now too!
The color is red kryptonite. It was hard to get the sparkle to show up. Anyway, here she is!

Hi, my name is Wyatt.

JakeFuzz

Excellent looking build. I love that color and those engraved labels. This is a fantastic all around drive as well, it has been pretty much the only constant on my board for the last few years.

midwayfair

Excellent work. Very tidy inside and that color is amazing! (Also: laser etched?)

p.s. you might consider running a little wire from either the gain or volume pot's lug 1 to the back of the pot to ground the enclosure. You might not have noticed it yet, but you can get some grounding noise issues when touching an ungrounded enclosure (even through your shoe!).

fish22

Quote from: midwayfair on March 27, 2013, 04:51:23 PM
Excellent work. Very tidy inside and that color is amazing! (Also: laser etched?)

p.s. you might consider running a little wire from either the gain or volume pot's lug 1 to the back of the pot to ground the enclosure. You might not have noticed it yet, but you can get some grounding noise issues when touching an ungrounded enclosure (even through your shoe!).

Thanks for the tip. That might fix the odd ground problem in my Apis build!
yes laser etched. It could have used a few more passes but I'm happy with it!
Hi, my name is Wyatt.

raulduke

That is f'ing gorgeous  :o

The Screwdriver is on my (ever expanding) list of 'must builds'.

Everyone who builds one seems to love it!

fish22

Quote from: raulduke on March 27, 2013, 05:25:48 PM
That is f'ing gorgeous  :o

Thanks man!
You should move the cosmo to the top of your list.
I dont think there is a bad setting in this thing.
I love the shape/sharpness knob on this pedal; It takes it from slightly splatty/woolly fuzz to to a tight OD sound.
Hi, my name is Wyatt.

pickdropper

That looks fantastic Fish!  Great color and really nice labeling.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jvg13

pickdropper

Quote from: raulduke on March 27, 2013, 05:25:48 PM
That is f'ing gorgeous  :o

You really have to build it.  It might be my favorite fuzz/OD circuit I've built.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

nzCdog

Rip57

Very pretty. Laser etching - you have the fun toys. :-)
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer." ― Frank Zappa

Bret608

Still my favorite build to date along with the Pepper Spray! This one looks great.

jprizz

I frigg'n love it! I have almost the same idea for my Cosmo except I went with the redvein with silver knobs.  Great minds must think alike. :P

mjcyates

Great looking pedal. I love that circuit as well.