Main Menu

Pastyface and Mangler

Started by studiodunn, December 20, 2020, 01:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

studiodunn

Pastyface is Q3)AC125, Q2)MP42b and Q1)MP16A
Mangler is AC125 and MP42b

cooder

Very sweet collection there, tidy builds and a cool b&w style. Noice!
BigNoise Amplification

harryklippton

jimilee

I like the graphics. How did you do the wrap around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

danfrank

Dude!
Tantalum caps for your coupling caps???
I've never seen them used that way before... How do they sound?

cooder

Is the glue on transistors what holds them in sockets or are they soldered in as well? Might be a source of possible poor connection in future me thinks if not soldered. Just sayin'...
BigNoise Amplification

studiodunn

Quote from: jimilee on December 20, 2020, 03:47:59 AM
I like the graphics. How did you do the wrap around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure how the trophy guy got that done. I've never gotten that from him before. He must have sprayed the whole box with Cermark.

Quote from: cooder on December 20, 2020, 04:56:16 AM
Is the glue on transistors what holds them in sockets or are they soldered in as well? Might be a source of possible poor connection in future me thinks if not soldered. Just sayin'...
They are only glued in for testing. My current get loud situation sucks since we lost our lockout last month. That has me playing low volume and through two amps at most. Both circuits seem so sensitive to transistor changes I want to get them in a few more band level situations before committing to what's in them.
Quote from: danfrank on December 20, 2020, 03:50:24 AM
Dude!
Tantalum caps for your coupling caps???
I've never seen them used that way before... How do they sound?
I've never noticed anything negative tone wise from using them. I honestly would have rather used some OG looking axial caps but just didn't have em in hand. I have used them in allot of builds, but not for any other reason than not knowing better if there was reason not to 😎

Quote from: harryklippton on December 20, 2020, 03:29:09 AM
Looking sharp!

Thank you.
Quote from: cooder on December 20, 2020, 01:54:53 AM
Very sweet collection there, tidy builds and a cool b&w style. Noice!
appreciate it, thanks

Thewintersoldier

These look really great, inside and out!
Who the hell is Bucky?

Bret608

These do look great! I'm guessing you will want to keep the current transistor setup in there, but it's always good to have options. I still personally haven't had the nerve to solder in a germanium transistor yet. Maybe 2021 will be the year.

studiodunn

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on December 20, 2020, 09:34:31 PM
These look really great, inside and out!
Thanks much!
Quote from: Bret608 on December 21, 2020, 01:43:49 PM
These do look great! I'm guessing you will want to keep the current transistor setup in there, but it's always good to have options. I still personally haven't had the nerve to solder in a germanium transistor yet. Maybe 2021 will be the year.
Thanks!
I'm guessing they are the right choice after rolling a couple dozen, but fuzz is such a different pedal in a band mix. That said, i pulled one of the glued down transistors off to see how well they were held in. The hot glue on a TO5 socket is a damn strong bond.