Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPPD!

Started by GrindCustoms, April 20, 2015, 05:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcallisterra

Quote from: pickdropper on April 27, 2015, 04:34:30 AM
Quote from: mcallisterra on April 25, 2015, 11:56:31 PM
I think the Blues are done... again. Down 3-2 heading to Minnesota will be tough. We seem to exit in the first round quite frequently these days.

Sorry about the loss, mcallisterra.  I can't quite figure the Blues out.  They were built to win this year.  Scary team, but couldn't quite put it together.  It'll be interesting to see if they keep Hitchcock around.  A lot of people are second guessing him keeping Allen in net after game 5.  Allen let in two pretty horrific goals today.  Elliott was a bit better when he finally got in there.
Hitch will be gone, and I think Oshie too. I'd also be surprised if Elliott stays after the way they've messed him around the last few years.

playpunk

I want the Sabres to hire Hitchcock. He is a great coach. I think that making big changes based on playoff results is dumb: the blues regular season dominance is no fluke, but the playoff losses are at least half luck.

This does mean the Sabres are picking 2nd, no worse than 22nd and 31st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

pickdropper

Quote from: mcallisterra on April 27, 2015, 02:40:01 PM
I think the Blues are done... again. Down 3-2 heading to Minnesota will be tough. We seem to exit in the first round quite frequently these days.

Sorry about the loss, mcallisterra.  I can't quite figure the Blues out.  They were built to win this year.  Scary team, but couldn't quite put it together.  It'll be interesting to see if they keep Hitchcock around.  A lot of people are second guessing him keeping Allen in net after game 5.  Allen let in two pretty horrific goals today.  Elliott was a bit better when he finally got in there.
Hitch will be gone, and I think Oshie too. I'd also be surprised if Elliott stays after the way they've messed him around the last few years.

If I were them, I'd work hard to keep Oshie.  I think they'll probably let Elliott go if they believe Allen is really their future.  They've never really believed in Elliott anyway.

If I were them, I'd move Ott.  I know he's a gritty veteran, but he hurts them an awful lot taking stupid penalties.  He doesn't seem to get in opponents heads as much as he wants anymore.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

mcallisterra

Quote from: pickdropper on April 27, 2015, 04:13:23 PM

If I were them, I'd work hard to keep Oshie.  I think they'll probably let Elliott go if they believe Allen is really their future.  They've never really believed in Elliott anyway.

If I were them, I'd move Ott.  I know he's a gritty veteran, but he hurts them an awful lot taking stupid penalties.  He doesn't seem to get in opponents heads as much as he wants anymore.

Oh I think a few people will be leaving, I just think Oshie is one of the more significant moves. This is all fine by me. Going out 4-2 in the first round is getting old now after three consecutive years of it.

pickdropper

Quote from: mcallisterra on April 27, 2015, 05:43:33 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on April 27, 2015, 04:13:23 PM

Oh I think a few people will be leaving, I just think Oshie is one of the more significant moves. This is all fine by me. Going out 4-2 in the first round is getting old now after three consecutive years of it.

Hawks are in for a lot of changes this offseason as well.  Even if they want to keep it together they can't because of salary cap issues.  Odds are Sharp is gone and maybe Crawford.  I predict they will have more youngsters playing next year.

Function f(x)

Shrtyska9

A lot of big hits in the isles-caps game! Caps up by one. Third should be quite a show by both teams.

Richard

Shrtyska9

Wow what a game! Rangers-Capitals round 2.
And Tampa Bay and Detroit going to game 7!

Richard

pickdropper

Quote from: Shrtyska9 on April 28, 2015, 02:08:48 AM

That second Caps goal was sick.  Very patient with the puck.  I'm now sure what the Islanders defense was doing on that play.

Function f(x)

Shrtyska9

Quote from: pickdropper on April 28, 2015, 02:46:53 AM

That second Caps goal was sick.  Very patient with the puck.  I'm now sure what the Islanders defense was doing on that play.

I'm surprised the Islanders waited until the third to even show up! I mean game 7 of the series and they play like that?

Richard

pickdropper

Quote from: Shrtyska9 on April 28, 2015, 03:21:41 AM

Quote from: pickdropper on April 28, 2015, 02:46:53 AM

I'm surprised the Islanders waited until the third to even show up! I mean game 7 of the series and they play like that?

Agreed.  They didn't deserve to win playing like that.
Function f(x)

Shrtyska9

Uh oh Rej, Habs are up against the Lightning! Hopefully you guys can pull out all the stops in this series. Although I wouldn't mind watching a Rangers-Lightning eastern conference finals seeing as there a few former Rangers in Tampa.

Richard

GrindCustoms

Quote from: Shrtyska9 on April 30, 2015, 05:59:24 PM
Uh oh Rej, Habs are up against the Lightning! Hopefully you guys can pull out all the stops in this series. Although I wouldn't mind watching a Rangers-Lightning eastern conference finals seeing as there a few former Rangers in Tampa.

Damnitol!!! haha

I was hoping that we would'nt play against them, jinx'd we are....

If the Habs can put in 2-3 goals per game, we have chances to take it over, if in the 2 and less goal per game... we're out!

In the first round none of our usual scorers did their job... Pacioretty was quiet, Plekanec playing like if he's scared of being bruised... it's the rookie, support player and Price that made us win that first round.

Hopefully they'll have fixed that scoring issue from the big guns and it will go well.

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

pickdropper

Well, the Habs had trouble with the Sens in the regular season too and it worked out OK.

Playoffs are a different animal.  But yeah, you need Pacioretty strong.

Function f(x)

GrindCustoms

Quote from: pickdropper on May 01, 2015, 01:38:13 AM
Well, the Habs had trouble with the Sens in the regular season too and it worked out OK.

Playoffs are a different animal.  But yeah, you need Pacioretty strong.

Agreed...

I also don't understand why they have'nt brought back Gonchar in the def line.. when he was there our PowerPlay was productive, we got 2 goals out of 20 power play against the Sens... that's miserable.

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

GrindCustoms

That first game against the Bolts was a bit of a deception... i mean, we've outplayed them for 2/3 of regular time, out shooted them... but AGAIN!!!! was'nt able to put it in. Pacio goal was flaky as fawk... but it went in...

I'm very happy of what i saw still, but they have to find a way to put that damn puck in the opponents net... jeebus...!