News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Green Bean

Started by LJangel, June 11, 2016, 12:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJangel

I used this green screamer guy on another TS-808 a couple of years ago (I think with a GGG board).  That pedal was too noisy, so when it came time to get around to another one I used a Green Bean board.  This one is so much quieter, and sounds so much better even with the same diode setup (1n914 and diffused red LEDs).  The caps I used in this one were a little better.  That might have something to do with it.  I also put this one into a 1590b rather than the 125b I had the old one in.

BrianS

Looks great. The Green Bean is an awesome board. Finished mine a couple of weeks ago and I really like it.

neandrewthal

Hey I was gonna say it looks great! Now I don't know what to say.

Just curious, which caps are a little better and which are not a little better?

LJangel

I used higher quality caps for the electrolytics at C11 and C13 and I went with a monolythic cap in C5 that was a rated 100n that was actually reading 112n consistently.  The 120n I had was a huge film "chicklet" version and was a cheapo, so I didn't want to use it (was also reading 84n, so I didn't trust it).

nzCdog

Oh yeah! Love the graphic man... great job

matmosphere

Great looking build, really dig the graphics. The black washers on the switches are a nice touch. The Green Bean is a nice project.