News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I've missed you guys!

Started by stevie1556, June 14, 2014, 02:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevie1556

Wow, been a while since I've been online, and I've felt lost without the forum! I used to come on 2-3 times a day, mainly just browsing threads, but haven't even been able to do that. My work kept sending me to bases all around Europe, so the internet was either stupidly expensive or the connection was so crap I couldn't get on. When i was home, I was sorting bits out, or riding my bike and doing weights in the gym to lose weight and build up my leg muscles ready for a knee operation that I had yesterday. Bad news is that i can't do much at the moment, good news is that when I'm a bit more mobile, I can finally get loads of building done! Still need to finish an amplifier, and a couple of ZP SDX builds, along with a load of others.

I'm just so happy that I've now got the time to come online, browse the forum and start building again! :)

flanagan0718

Glad to have you back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selfdestroyer

Welcome back brother.. now get to building. lol

Glad the operation went well.

Cody

Gledison

If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

catfud

Hey, welcome back, and get well soon for the knee!

muddyfox

Great to have you back, bud!
Of course, NBD (new bike day) pictures are obligatory!  ;D

culturejam

Glad to have you back.

I hope the knee mends quickly and without issues.  :)

If there is anything we can help with to get you back to building, let us know.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Rockhorst

stevie1556

Cheers for the welcome back guys.

Well the good news is that I'm making a much quicker recovery then the doctors said I would, I can hobble around and that, still struggling on the stairs though. G - hoping the NBD will be before the end of the month if I can make it!

If anyone remembers the thread that I started on a Ibanez body I bought, well so far it's turned out to be an epic failure. Managed to find the perfect neck for it (took about 7 months of searching!) with the inlays I was after, no fret wear, looked brand new! Turned out the body needs a 24 fret neck, but my current Ibanez S series had a cracked neck, so put it on that instead. Just got all the bits to build a quilted maple Tele up, which I would like to get done within the next week or so. Decided on some Seymour Duncan Hot Rails pickups for it, should be an awesome rock machine!

To keep me entertained while I'm not very mobile, I also treated myself to a Blackstar HT-5RS mini stack. It sounds awesome and takes pedals extremely well! Now I just need to learn to play half decently as I feel it's wasted on my lack of talent!

The advantage to having been sent away with work all the time is that they have to pay me x amount for every night I stay in a hotel, and with my credit card now being paid off, at the end of the month I'm going to be treating myself to a laser cutter to go with my powder coating! I saw in a video how someone made a drilling rig out of acrylic using a laser cutter, so I'll be attempting that as the first thing I do!

I'll do a build thread with the Tele and post it when it's done. A friend has built a few guitars including the bodies, but bought the necks off ebay, so he is going to help me get it built up with the truss rod settings, neck fitting, etc.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

sturgeo

What laser engraver are you looking at? We exchanged a few PMs last year about powder coating, i've since purchased one of the cheap chinese K40 lasers so if you need any pointers let me know!

stevie1556

Quote from: sturgeo on June 16, 2014, 10:27:38 AM
What laser engraver are you looking at? We exchanged a few PMs last year about powder coating, i've since purchased one of the cheap chinese K40 lasers so if you need any pointers let me know!

I was looking at one of the big 5030 size models. I'll send you a PM about the K40 series. Did you get a powder coating set up in the end?