News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vox wah vero

Started by jimilee, March 27, 2016, 01:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aballen

Been a while since I've built a pedal.  My wife has a secret santa thing at work and the person she picked is a younger kidsl and a death metal band, so....

She said hey, gotta do this on the cheap, but I know you have a stockpile of parts and it's been a while since you built anything.  How about it?

So he is getting a boss-hm2.

Thing is mammoth is gone and PPP seems  to only accept orders in quantitys of 25+. Where are you guys getting painted enclosures these days?  Specifically I'm looking for a 125B black hammertone or black vein finish. Any good sources left?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

chongmagic

So I didn't reach the switching schematic correctly and put the C6 cap into the C5 spot. The pedal works and all the voltages are within spec of the build guide. I used the soldered in jacks with the switching board so removing C5 is going to be a pain at this point. My question is as the pedal works as is, is it bad to leave it as is or should I remove C5? And can I just put in C6 as per the build guide with leaving C5 in place since there is no charge pump in this build?

Build pics for reference.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

chongmagic

I dont ever try to use OEM graphics for pedals or clones but I made the exception for these. Plus I never intend on getting rid of them. I love them both, the chorus is my favorite so far.

I have since corrected the 47uf cap on the Choral Reef switching board.

chongmagic

I dont ever try to use OEM graphics for pedals or clones but I made the exception for these. Plus I never intend on getting rid of them. I love them both, the chorus is my favorite so far.

I have since corrected the 47uf cap on the Choral Reef switching board.

AnieIV

Hello everyone,

I'm very happy with my build of the bloodstone but it does have one significant issue: if I don't turn the feedback all the way up in phase mode it ommits a lot of white noise and some random pops and crackles. The vibrato mode is even worse. The noise on that mode is quite loud and some of the pops match the guitar signal in volume. I've already set the trimmers as needed and don't quite know where to go from here. Can anybody help, please?

Gesendet von meinem VTR-L09 mit Tapatalk

AnieIV

Hello everyone,

I'm very happy with my build of the bloodstone but it does have one significant issue: if I don't turn the feedback all the way up in phase mode it ommits a lot of white noise and some random pops and crackles. The vibrato mode is even worse. The noise on that mode is quite loud and some of the pops match the guitar signal in volume. I've already set the trimmers as needed and don't quite know where to go from here. Can anybody help, please?

AnieIV

Hello everyone,

AnieIV

Hello everyone,

AnieIV

Hello everyone,

AnieIV

Hello everyone,

AnieIV

Hello everyone,

AnieIV

Hello everyone,