News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Spaceballs: The Filter (EHX Bassballs)

Started by Timko, July 13, 2022, 04:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timko

A friend and previous patron reached out to me with a request for a pedal build for his son.  The request was for a very simple to use pedal for bass that would give some cool filter effects.  He asked about the Bassballs in particular.  I had built a Fluff Girl years ago, so I began looking to source some sort of PCB for the build as Grind Customs isn't selling things online anymore.  I was fortunate to find a board from PedalPCB that offered much of the same topology.  I ended up altering that to re-create the original design with only the sensitivity and fuzz external controls.  There's 2 trimpots on the inside for treble/bass response control.  I forgot how loud the fuzz on this things is!!

Graphics are homage to the class Mel Brooks move.  I really liked the big red knob.

jimilee

Fantastic!!! I love Spaceballs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Derpinador

Oh SH!T!!!! There goes the concert ;D

Simple homage to classic entertainment never fail.

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

mjg

Nice, I love the theme.

I think someone needs to do a spaceballs pedal with controls labelled "Bleeps", "Sweeps" and "Creeps". 

Bio77

The Schwartz is with you!  Great build!

Drew Hallenbeck

That's awesome! I love Spaceballs and it's one of those movies I still watch probably once a year.
Great looking pedal and as Lord Helmet would say; "Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Timko