News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aveces! - Tap Tempo version of the old STM tremolo

Started by culturejam, July 10, 2023, 07:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

After much mucking around with the TAPLFO chip, I wanted to use it with the audio portion of my near-ancient Shoot The Moon tremolo (itself derived from the Tremulus Lune). I pared down the waveform options to just 4 (of 8 in the original code). Works and sounds great. I gave this one to my guitar teacher.

I laser cut/etched a face plate from 1/16" basswood ply and stained it. Then did some fine sanding to smooth it out and pull back the color a bit.

Side note: I named it "¡Aveces!" because "sometimes there is sound, and sometimes there is not". Apparently I'm the only one that thinks this is funny.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

That looks fantastic, and that is hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

culturejam

Quote from: jimilee on July 10, 2023, 08:05:42 PM

Thanks!

I need to do another adjustment to the PCB and when I get those in hand I'll send you one (with a programmed chip).
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

Quote from: culturejam on July 10, 2023, 08:34:48 PM
Quote from: jimilee on July 10, 2023, 08:05:42 PM

Thanks!

I need to do another adjustment to the PCB and when I get those in hand I'll send you one (with a programmed chip).
That's very kind, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.