News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Unky Drive (non madbean / Roger Mayer Voodoo Bass

Started by bigrigg, October 22, 2014, 03:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigrigg

Hello pedal heads,
I made this for my nephew who wanted a bass OD.  Sounds great and you could use this on guitar too.
Schematic from Tagboardeffects.  Thanks

Leevibe

Good job. Nice and clean and I like your graphic. Did you enviro the top or is that a clearcoat?

selfdestroyer

Getting a vero built to look clean inside is a work of art. you sir nailed it.

Cody

bigrigg

Quote from: Leevibe on October 22, 2014, 04:22:02 AM
Good job. Nice and clean and I like your graphic. Did you enviro the top or is that a clearcoat?
Thank you.  It's enviro for the finish.  Love that stuff.  It's bullet proof super thick clearcoat that looks killer.

bcalla

Very nice - inside and out.  I agree on the enviro, it makes great graphics like this just pop.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

the3secondrule

I wasn't aware of the voodoo bass up till now. Looks awesome!
I might have to work up a pcb for this one
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

bigrigg

Quote from: jimilee on October 22, 2014, 01:13:48 PM
Killer. How's it sound???
It does emphasize the bass.  The tone will let you get real bright, but you never lose the low end at least on guitar.  Makes sense since it's for bass.
You can do a clean boost with volume up and drive down, get just on the verge of break up.  Drive past noon is a solid crunch distortion and dimed it's easily a medium gain.
Think OCD or Tubescreamer gain levels.  AC/DC bla bla etc. 
I suppose if your rig is a bit woofy, flubby or bass heavy it might not be ideal.....otherwise it will do great on guitar and of course bass.
Unity gain is about noon for all knobs.  There is volume on tap for sure.  It is dead quiet.  Very good.  Even drive dimed it's very low noise.  Impressively low.
I did notice last but not least....a ton of sustain on hand.  More than the average OD pedal.
Hope that description will suffice.

playpunk

Quote from: the3secondrule on October 22, 2014, 06:04:00 PM

Make a PCB and i'll buy it.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

jimilee

Quote from: bigrigg on October 23, 2014, 01:30:04 AM
Quote from: jimilee on October 22, 2014, 01:13:48 PM
Killer. How's it sound???
It does emphasize the bass.  The tone will let you get real bright, but you never lose the low end at least on guitar.  Makes sense since it's for bass.
You can do a clean boost with volume up and drive down, get just on the verge of break up.  Drive past noon is a solid crunch distortion and dimed it's easily a medium gain.
Think OCD or Tubescreamer gain levels.  AC/DC bla bla etc. 
I suppose if your rig is a bit woofy, flubby or bass heavy it might not be ideal.....otherwise it will do great on guitar and of course bass.
Unity gain is about noon for all knobs.  There is volume on tap for sure.  It is dead quiet.  Very good.  Even drive dimed it's very low noise.  Impressively low.
I did notice last but not least....a ton of sustain on hand.  More than the average OD pedal.
Hope that description will suffice.
yep. As a bassist, I'm always interested in bass pedals.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

the3secondrule

Quote from: playpunk on October 23, 2014, 01:48:55 AM
Quote from: the3secondrule on October 22, 2014, 06:04:00 PM

Make a PCB and i'll buy it.

layout in progress  ;D

the3secondrule