News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Need your guys help for a new project (for a good cause)

Started by bsoncini, December 01, 2017, 11:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombiesonore

QuoteThis is straight-forward as can be. 1590B with option for solder lug or PCB pins mounted 16mm pots.

Pfff... I don't think I can design a PCB this quick! :-)
I just made a nap and... Bam! Here it is!
Did you start from scratch?

bsoncini

Brian, you are a pcb designing machine.  I'll meet up with them next week and let you know but it should be good.

zombiesonore

bsoncini

Quote from: zombiesonore on December 01, 2017, 06:10:54 PM
Quick and Dirty:

Quick and dirty indeed.  But in a nice way

I imagine d1 is circuit protection. c2 is for ps filtering and r2 is the clr for the led?

storyboardist

A little late to the party, but I'd love to help out too. I've got a Son of Screamer layout that'd be a pretty easy build.

Would something like an Atari Punk Console be useful? Something more in the noise maker category than an effect, but might be a fun addition.
Guy behind Effects Layouts

bsoncini

Quote from: storyboardist on December 02, 2017, 02:52:31 AM
A little late to the party, but I'd love to help out too. I've got a Son of Screamer layout that'd be a pretty easy build.

Would something like an Atari Punk Console be useful? Something more in the noise maker category than an effect, but might be a fun addition.

Yeah. That could be good doesn't look too complicated. Thanks.

They have another guy that has done 2 workshops on noise makers. The first one was the Atari punk console. They got them professionally etched and still have a pretty big stack of them. They did say they were thinking about doing a sequencer to integrate with the punk console.

zombiesonore

New version for the BazzFuss.

QuoteI imagine d1 is circuit protection. c2 is for ps filtering and r2 is the clr for the led?

Yes.

I've haded an other place for DC wiring so we can place the DC Jack at the top or at the right of the enclosure.
And the 2 big holes are for the use of 4mm plastic PCB standoffs (like theses: http://www.banzaimusic.com/Standoff-PCB-ADH-9-5mm.html) if the pot is wire to the board...

zombiesonore

And here is the v0.3.
Small footprint and panelized...
So 12 PCBs by boards. 5 boars with Elecrow for less than 20€ (with shipping) = 60 PBCs.

bsoncini

Quote from: zombiesonore on December 03, 2017, 01:06:49 PM
And here is the v0.3.
Small footprint and panelized...
So 12 PCBs by boards. 5 boars with Elecrow for less than 20€ (with shipping) = 60 PBCs.

Looks great. Thanks

bsoncini

A little update. We will do the first workshop January 20th with zombie sonores layout of the bazz fuss.

Brian. They are psyched to do your tremolo too. We will try and do that in February. I'll send you a pm soon. Thanks again for the help.

Scruffie. Good ideas. I'll get back to you once we get the ball rolling and see how it goes.

mjg

Hey, bit late on this thread, sorry.

I did some workshops earlier in the year to teach people the basics of electronics, and worked up to building a simple boost pedal on breadboard.  No soldering though. 

Let me know if you want to look at the workshop slides I did, or have any questions about timing, etc.  It took about 3 hours I think to go from 'what's a resistor' through to having them testing their breadboards with an amp.  Once they start bread boarding, things slow right down.  Probably be quicker on PCB I guess as there are limited places that they can put the components.

lrgaraujo

Really nice initiative! French is not my first language, but I've lived there for a while, so I speak a little. Don't hesitate to pm me if you need any help

bsoncini

Quote from: mjg on December 14, 2017, 08:02:00 AM
Hey, bit late on this thread, sorry.

I did some workshops earlier in the year to teach people the basics of electronics, and worked up to building a simple boost pedal on breadboard.  No soldering though. 

Let me know if you want to look at the workshop slides I did, or have any questions about timing, etc.  It took about 3 hours I think to go from 'what's a resistor' through to having them testing their breadboards with an amp.  Once they start bread boarding, things slow right down.  Probably be quicker on PCB I guess as there are limited places that they can put the components.

Awesome yeah Id like to take a look at that stuff.  I'll send you a pm.

bsoncini

Quote from: lrgaraujo on December 14, 2017, 02:53:28 PM
Really nice initiative! French is not my first language, but I've lived there for a while, so I speak a little. Don't hesitate to pm me if you need any help

Thanks for the offer.  I've lived here for 5 years and speak pretty fluently but I learned French in France talking to people so my written grammer is pretty bad.  I never know how to spell things since they only pronounce about half of the letters.  I should be good.  I have a French wife but if needed I'll send you a pm

bsoncini

We did the first workshop today, the bazz fuss.  It was a great success.  Ten people left with working pedals after about 5 hours.  Thanks again to zombie sonore for the pcb design

We are gonna try to do the tremolo that madbean designed for us in February