News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

uproar clip

Started by gtangas, March 23, 2013, 03:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtangas

with some of the "leftovers"  i spent the last 3 hours building the uproar.

finish now and cant rock it to loud because is 3.30Am  ;D ;D

add the presence mod

i sub some caps according to some info i found in the forum:
CP=1uF
C8=10n
C9=2n2
C10=10n

The circuit a an amazing amount of gain but i think i will do the tone mod... and the clip switch doesn't offers big deference.

I found an alternative wiring method from Brian but i don't have and i cant find anywhere a on-on-on switch.

Is there another way to solve this issue? i socket the diodes and tried several combinations but same results

Tone Mod? more dynamic tone pot?

Thanks
Sergio

alexradium

the Riot has been revised recently on fsb,no way you can get the original sound with the Uproar current project.

Hangingmonkey

Ive done the new layout on vero and it sounds better than the uproar, id recommend trying that. You can find it on tagboard effects.

gtangas

i was reading the post on fsb and found markgor shc. is that it?

But Man! I spend last night etching, pop, wiring....  :P I like the sound of this uproar, just wanted to have some clipping results

The tone mod is a must do.

But what about tweaking in the diodes, led colors and try to get some changes using the sp switch??

alexradium

Quote from: gtangas on March 23, 2013, 12:00:28 PM

But Man! I spend last night etching, pop, wiring....  :P I like the sound of this uproar, just wanted to have some clipping results

But what about tweaking in the diodes, led colors and try to get some changes using the sp switch??

yes it is
i modified mine to fit those changes,adding some holes and moving components appropriately.
speaking of diodes,i think germaniums are overkill,never use them,i prefer the 2 red leds clear bright in general and for more dynamics and less compression the blue/4148 combination,thats enough and you can do it with a simple 1pdt

gtangas

Quote from: alexradium on March 23, 2013, 01:58:39 PM
Quote from: gtangas on March 23, 2013, 12:00:28 PM

yes it is
i modified mine to fit those changes,adding some holes and moving components appropriately.
speaking of diodes,i think germaniums are overkill,never use them,i prefer the 2 red leds clear bright in general and for more dynamics and less compression the blue/4148 combination,thats enough and you can do it with a simple 1pdt

Ok, so what should I do?

Replace one or two diodes to more leds?

All diodes are socket so it's easy to tweak

gtangas

Finished...

What I did:

Tone mode... Much nicer

Diodes :
D5: bat41
D3: 1n60
D2: 1n34a
D4: 1n34a
D1: 1n4742
D8/D9: 5mm red led

Now I can hear some changes in the sound.... All the 3 switch positions gives different voices, soft but much nicer

Still not happy with the presence mod. I'm using in C8 a 10nf green cap.. Maybe I'll try sub to the suggested 33nf

gtangas

Hangingmonkey

Good stuff.   When I initially built the uproar, I couldnt tell the difference with the presence mod so I left it off.  The facemelter mod was too much for me.
Now that youve done the uproar, make the new riot one and then A-B test them!

THats what I was going to do but instead, I cannibalized the uproar for parts for the riot.

gtangas

lucky for me that every time i buy stuff from tayda i order all the time some different diodes... hehe

335rat

As the LEd's are conected now they are always in  and flashing when I distort the sound and i can't hear any difference in the sound beteween the three positions. If I lift out the LED's from the circquit the sound changes dramatically between the positions and even the blue led is flashing. This tells me that the schematic is wrong according to the combinations of the diods and that it must be a on-on-on switch. I have also seen schematics where it's the blue led combination thats always in. Maybe that works?