News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zero Point SPDx w/audio

Started by REPTAR, April 16, 2013, 06:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REPTAR

I've had this finished for a while, and it has blown my mind with the sounds it can make.

Notice the little black box to the right.  That's the in/out for it, because I thought I could fit normal jacks in the enclosure.  I was wrong.  I now have the smaller jacks in the pedal.
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/zakk-butler/diy-delay-demo[/soundcloud]

rullywowr

Sounds great!  Nice job...it's definitely on my "to-do" build list.  Got a pile of projects I am wading through at the moment.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

REPTAR

It's easily my favorite delay pedal, if not my favorite pedal overall. 

mjcyates

Looks great, sounds great! I like mine quite a bit too. I like the tape delay setting the best.

jimilee

I have the board,It's one of about fifteen I need to build....that just sounds incredible. I'm such a delay whore.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

REPTAR

Mine pretty much stays in tape mode, but I might start using the other modes more after messing around with it today haha

jprizz

That looks and sounds great! Is your enclosure painted or powder coated or what? I really like the color.

REPTAR

It's the candy teal from PPP.

wstimson

Awesome.  Looks and sounds great.  Mine is almost finished.  Just gotta solder the pots on and test it out.  Now I'm anxious to finish it up.  Good stuff.

televisiondown

great demo! you can really hear the difference between the different modes. the shimmer setting almost sounds like a keyboard echoing the guitar. very cool...

-kris
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

Stomptown

Looks great. I will have to check out the demo when i get home. Is it impossible to get standard jacks in there or was it the way you drilled it? Also the zero point SPDx? Is that a p Portland reference?

slimtriggers

Beautiful demo.  I don't know why anybody would ever bother searching for MN3005s again when there are PT2399 delays that sound this good  :o

REPTAR

Quote from: Stomptown on April 19, 2013, 03:28:02 PM
Looks great. I will have to check out the demo when i get home. Is it impossible to get standard jacks in there or was it the way you drilled it? Also the zero point SPDx? Is that a p Portland reference?
If there's a way to fit standard jacks, I'm sure it involves some sanding somewhere to make it fit.  Haha oops i didn't realize the actually pedal is called "SDX".  But sure, let's go with the Portland thing haha.

REPTAR

I really wish I knew stuff about programming & whatever to have few different banks of presets on this thing.  That would be awesome.

fendman

Nice demo..I still haven't started mine.

This demo has to put it nearer the top  :) and then the stage fright, Harbinger....and so on :D

Well done I enjoyed listening.
Mike