News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny/skreddy P19 build

Started by ElCapitan, October 22, 2016, 06:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElCapitan

Thanks much to m-kresol's help with a capacitor question.  Here is my Mudbunny build to Skreddy P19 specs.   Not as much gain as I would expect in a muff,  but what's there is killer sounding.  It also sounds great after my overdrive, especially when I hit it hard.  This sounds much more like a distortion than a fuzz to me.   One slight snag:  the treble is pretty high on this pedal.  Mostly I run it off or just above off.  At zero there is a slightly different character to the pedal's eq overall than if I put just a touch of tone on it.  Interesting.  I don't think this is a normal aspect of the pedal.   But all in all, I'm pretty pleased.   

alanp

Does my little eye spy polystyrene caps? :)

Nice stuff!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

ElCapitan

m-Kresol

Looks good! Glad I could help.

I experienced similar things with pots as you described with your tone control. I figured it might just be the wiper doin funky business at the end of the turn.

If you want a low end muff, I'd recommend the ultrastoner project from Grind customs. that one got massive balls.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

nzCdog