News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

modern mode on harbinger on get vibrato not chorus

Started by skeeter, May 05, 2015, 02:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeeter

Hi there I finished  my harbinger pedal and it really sounds nice only problem is when I switch to modern mode I get vibrato not chorus , the c/v switch works normally , I have the 2013 board can anyone help.

luks999

hi

do you mean, the pedal works but only on "modern" mode you get no chorus sound?
do you get clean signal or no sound?

pictures of your board and the wiring can be helpful

skeeter

Chorus mode and vibrato mode work well but when I  use the switch to  modern mode while chorus is switched on  I get  vibrato only, it should still  be chorus ,with The switchable
JFET input buffer adds brightness, more volume and increased
intensity to the overall effect ,according to the instructions .

luks999

are you sure you wired all the switches correctly? did you mount them to the pcb?
fotos would be helpful

skeeter

I was told that dpdts and spdts are not directional , if that is wrong then that may be my problem the dpdt is the wrong way around ??? I have re-flowed my solder on them , before I tried to desolder the dpdt but the solder has gone through the hole and my desoldering gun cant remove enough solder to take it off .

luks999

thats correct, it doesnt matter how you mount the dpdt
the switches look correct.

what about d5 and r46, did you solder them on the other side of the pcb ?

skeeter

Hi there d5 is on top, r 46 was incorrect in the instructions ??47k which is what I originally put in it worked well but then read it should be 4.7k so I replaced it with a 50k pot seen top left of the pic,I found that with certain pickup selections things can get muddy and with this mod I can adjust it and the signal clears up .