News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny Mids Mod - back to 2012 for a second...

Started by greysun, April 17, 2023, 11:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greysun

Hi everyone!

I have 2 old mudbunnies that are to Mayo specs (ish) - I did the mids mod: 4k7 across lugs 1 and 2 of a 25kb pot with lugs 1 and 3 soldered to R18.

I was smart enough to put a toggle in so I could have the stock 33k on one side, the mids on the other. (most other specs for triangle/rams head/etc. are around 39k)

I'd like to get rid of the toggle, but be able to dial in somewhat near stock. This means a 50kb pot, I assume, but I need my math reviewed here:

The 25kb pot with 4k7 across lugs 1 and 2 gives me about 3.85 on one side, 21ish on the other.

If I do the same with a 50kb pot and around a 10k resistor across lugs 1 and 2, that would get me somewhere between 8.5 on one side and 42 on the other. stock is 33k.

Obviously, this would change the character of the mids pot, but I never turn it all the way down.

Can someone help me figure out how to do this right? LOL...

As always - thank you in advance!

greysun

Alright - I just did a little more experimenting...

If I take a 50kb pot, put a 100k resistor across lugs 1 and 3, then a 4k7 across lugs 1 and 2, I get about 3.7k on one side, and 32.7k on the other...

I feel like this is... ideal? Someone tell me the consequences of wanting it all, please... hehe.