News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sea urchin strange sounds :(

Started by Gledison, November 02, 2013, 06:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I did, that's really strange. It's all that metric stuff man.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

rullywowr

Yes.  The 7805 and 78L05 have different pin outs. The former is good to about 200mA while the 78L05 can do around 1A.
I would make sure you didn't toast yours by hooking it up backwards. If you are reusing it I would toss it in a breadboard to see if it's still good. Otherwise you may Shea-doobie your PT2399 if the reg is popped.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Gledison

Quote from: rullywowr on November 07, 2013, 08:19:13 PM
Yes.  The 7805 and 78L05 have different pin outs. The former is good to about 200mA while the 78L05 can do around 1A.
I would make sure you didn't toast yours by hooking it up backwards. If you are reusing it I would toss it in a breadboard to see if it's still good. Otherwise you may Shea-doobie your PT2399 if the reg is popped.
Hey rullywowr.
Actually this is the weird thing! The 78L05 i has the input on the right side and the output on the left (facing the flat surface) . Looking to the madbean sea urchin layout, the orientation for the 7805 showed is thw same for the 78L05!
Orr im missing something! Anyways, ive got the measures and everything is fine! Just the PT2399 get hot ! Is this normal?
Cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

jimilee

Quote from: Gledison on November 08, 2013, 07:33:49 AM
Hey rullywowr.
Actually this is the weird thing! The 78L05 i has the input on the right side and the output on the left (facing the flat surface) . Looking to the madbean sea urchin layout, the orientation for the 7805 showed is thw same for the 78L05!
Orr im missing something! Anyways, ive got the measures and everything is fine! Just the PT2399 get hot ! Is this normal?
Cheers
Uh no. How hot? I'd get a new reg
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Gledison

Quote from: jimilee on November 08, 2013, 02:20:24 PM
Quote from: Gledison on November 08, 2013, 07:33:49 AM
Hey rullywowr.
Cheers
Uh no. How hot? I'd get a new reg
haha, I already love this Pedal. it has personality. I think it was jus horny.hahaha
That was during the measurement. I think im not suppose to measure the regulator voltage with the IC on... Anyways, now I played for a while and is not getting even warm. Started finishing the enclosure with the decal and the first clear coat! This month I will win some prize.....ehheheh
cheers Jimi!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

jimilee