News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Yeah, so my pedal was on SNL last night.

Started by aion, February 02, 2014, 02:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rullywowr

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

danwelsh

davidnlsw

That's sweet, man! Good to see a Des Moines DIY-er getting some national exposure.

Also, those Bilt guitars look sweet. I had no idea they were here in Des Moines.

aion

Quote from: davidnlsw
Also, those Bilt guitars look sweet. I had no idea they were here in Des Moines.

Yeah, they're set up in the back room of the Lutherie Shop near Drake. It's the same three guys, they just have a different name for the custom guitar business as opposed to the guitar repair business.

stevie1556

That is awesome! Massive congrats!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

davidnlsw

Quote from: aion on February 03, 2014, 04:15:09 PM
Quote from: davidnlsw

Yeah, they're set up in the back room of the Lutherie Shop near Drake. It's the same three guys, they just have a different name for the custom guitar business as opposed to the guitar repair business.

Oh really? Huh, never knew. I used to go to the same church as Shane and we played some tunes together. Never knew he built guitars.

Guys a beast, though.

aion

Ah, not Shane, sorry. It's Bill, Tim and Scott (mostly Bill and Tim for the custom guitars, hence the name BilT).

Shane's the guitar tech for Imagine Dragons now - he's the one who put together Wayne's pedalboard which is how I got hooked up with them. Not sure if it's a permanent gig or just a one-time thing, but I know he went on tour with them to Europe in December.

Small world!

jubal81

That's gotta be a great feeling. Well-deserved, too.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair