News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What, if any, pedal components are currently hard to source?

Started by peAk, February 11, 2022, 12:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Hallenbeck

Stompboxparts has 1044s. I grabbed a few in my last order just to make sure I wasn't completely out!
https://stompboxparts.com/semiconductors/tc1044scpa-charge-pump-ic/
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

JTM100

El Jefe at Tex Mex Effects

EBK

I am now lamenting the lack of Lumberg jacks.  None of the huge suppliers carry them, and they don't seem to have a distributor list on their page. I put my email address into the BLMS web page to be notified when they got them back in stock.  Got the email today, but I was too late to grab any!  They sold out again in just a couple hours!  I have two builds stalled on this.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Bio77

Quote from: EBK on March 12, 2022, 12:42:27 AM
I am now lamenting the lack of Lumberg jacks.  None of the huge suppliers carry them, and they don't seem to have a distributor list on their page. I put my email address into the BLMS web page to be notified when they got them back in stock.  Got the email today, but I was too late to grab any!  They sold out again in just a couple hours!  I have two builds stalled on this.
They have Lumberg jacks at Tayda, but they are $2 a piece.  I was planning to order some from Lawrence, good to know they are in short supply. 

Zigcat

Vacuum tubes are starting to get a little trickier to aquire.

EBK

Quote from: Bio77 on March 12, 2022, 01:12:13 AM
They have Lumberg jacks at Tayda, but they are $2 a piece. 
Had.  They are out of stock as well, unfortunately. 

I have good news though!  Lawrence has tons of stereo Lumberg jacks.  The ring contact can be ignored or removed easily enough.  I just ordered 10 of them.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

pickdropper

Quote from: aion on February 21, 2022, 06:31:38 PM
Charge pumps... TC1044SCPA has dried up and Mouser's expected restock is in January 2023!

MAX1044 and ICL7660 are a little easier to find, but quantities are low and dropping. Fortunately there seem to be plenty of LT1054s, though they're a bit more expensive.

Yep, the delivery date has gotten pushed out on those a couple of times.

We have had issues getting some of the Hirose headers that we use.  They are dust.  There currently isn't even a predicted ship date. 
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

madbean

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

EBK

Quote from: culturejam on March 12, 2022, 07:14:30 PM
Antique Electronics / CE Distribution has the Lumberg mono jacks back in stock:
https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/14-jack-lumberg-low-profile-mono-open-circuit
If they had them at the time you posted this, they are gone now. 

Lawrence still has 1654 of the stereo ones in stock as of this minute.

culturejam

Quote from: EBK on March 12, 2022, 08:23:26 PM
Quote from: culturejam on March 12, 2022, 07:14:30 PM
Antique Electronics / CE Distribution has the Lumberg mono jacks back in stock:
https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/14-jack-lumberg-low-profile-mono-open-circuit
If they had them at the time you posted this, they are gone now. 

Lawrence still has 1654 of the stereo ones in stock as of this minute.

Damn! They were in stock when I posted. I got an email about a week ago that they were back in stock.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Aentons

EBK

BLMS has (as of this minute) 170 mono Lumberg jacks, in case anyone is looking fot an excuse to place an order.  ;)