News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Darkside Help

Started by nigel22, August 24, 2011, 07:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nigel22

Hi all,

I am new to pedal building, this is my second build, the first one was a mud bunny, which works just fine, so i decided to make a darkside.  But i have came across a problem, there is no bypass when the pedal is off, when i press the foot switch the pedal is working, but the volume pot doesn't seem alter the volume and when i turn it to the lowest position the sound is still there.  When i turn the sustain and turn pots they work but when i turn it past half way i seem to get a high pitched sound, i think its called oscillating.  it sounds like the middle of pink floyds echo's seagull sound, but just one high pitch.  the pots i have used are volume A100K and the sustain and tone pots are 47 a and 47 b .

Nigel

jkokura

Hi Nigel,

It sounds like you have some issues! Sorry to hear, but there is hope. You should go and check out our "how to get tech help" thread for some initial tips on how to get help. There will be some ideas for you to check out, and what to do when you can't find your problem on your own. We'll need some more info from you, but we'll get you going if you want.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nigel22

Hi all

All working just fine, the problem was i but the inboard wire on the sleeve and not the tip as in the wiring diagram .
I must say it sounds great , and next time i will double check all my wiring.
Thanks  ;)
Nigel