News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My first 2 pedal builds - finishes. (BYOC)

Started by Apocalypto, May 23, 2016, 01:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apocalypto

Hi guys.  I'm new to pedal building.  I started with BYOC for simplicity sake, and I've got a bunch of Madbean boards now backed up that I plan to build.

I'm learning a ton on this forum and just wanted to thank everyone for their amazing help with their information, tips and tricks.  In terms of finishes, I always wanted to make my pedals look cool (or at least give it a shot as opposed to using an unfinished enclosure with labels on it! ;D

I just wanted to share the finishes I've done.  I'm very happy with my first attempts at building and finishing.

The first is the BYOC Chorus.  I had a very talented lady named Christel Chan do the painting for me. Christel does Graphic Design/Illustration and other artwork. She came up with the design after we discussed the basic ideas I wanted. She did a great job!  :)

I wish I could have done a better job on the Envirotex finish, but this was my first attempt so I did what I could. It's a little wobbly and uneven in some parts, but the paint job is nice and protected.

The second pedal is the BYOC FET (AWESOME pedal!)

For this one I wanted to try a decal. I found this Godzilla movie poster and thought it would work well.

The sun at the top was nicely positioned so that the LED would be in the center. I changed out the red LED and used a yellow instead. I bought a bunch of knobs and these ones seem to work well, but I may end up getting green ones later.

Jules

Both great looking builds, you are lucky to know someone that can paint so well too.
BYOC is where I started with this whole thing too, can you show us inside the pedal ?
it's taken me a while to mine as neat as I like, I am always in a rush to finish them.
Nice work

Apocalypto

Hi Jules.  Thanks for the kind words.  Here are the inside shots.

Addy Bart

Great artwork and the insides look neat. Nice job!

Aristatertotle

Nice work! That chorus pedal looks sweet.

Martan

selfdestroyer

They came out great. I look forward to seeing your builds to come.

Cody

m-Kresol

seriously great work. I wish my first builds would have looked like these. keep them coming
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

BrianS

Both look really nice. The design on the chorus pedal is awesome.

Leevibe

Fantastic job on both! The gut shots look very clean. The artwork on the chorus is amazing. Really. I hope you have your friend do more painting for you. I really love that look.

Apocalypto

Wow, thanks to all the kind compliments!   :)

I am very excited to get on with the Madbean boards I've purchased.

Stomptown

Nice job!  I especially love the artwork on the chorus.  Can't wait to see more!

hylandren

Quote from: Apocalypto on May 23, 2016, 01:53:19 AM
...In terms of finishes, I always wanted to make my pedals look cool

You definitely succeeded!
Great looking first builds. Great looking builds, period.

jimilee

Those look way better than anyone's first builds. Those are truly great!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Apocalypto

Thanks very much guys for the positive feedback.

The support and positive communication in this forum is amazingly inspiring.