Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DirtBag mods for v3205 - Final Solution

Started by madbean, December 21, 2011, 02:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Quote from: LaceSensor on March 06, 2012, 12:06:09 AM
Yo

Update. Got round to building up my replacement board, seems to work ok with the mods suggested.
I need to keep tweaking the Bias and Gain trims around, but its working for sure.

I did the blend mod too. Works as advertised.
Fun 4 hours of my evening that was.

Simply cannot get this to bias properly, or sound even close to decent.
I wonder if I have made a mistake.
I took my intial "phew its working" after hearing repeats, figured I just needed to revisit it and tweak a bit, seeing as the basics were there,  so left it for a few days.

Come back to it and honestly I would say the results arent even close to what I had with the previous build. When I get the patience I will come back with voltages etc, for now I just wanted to post this up.
Im using all the same parts (in terms of the actual ICs)  to my first build, along with all the mods listed.

madbean

Have you recorded any samples of your results, Lace? I'm really curious to hear what you have to compare.

LaceSensor

Quote from: madbean on March 12, 2012, 02:19:28 PM
Have you recorded any samples of your results, Lace? I'm really curious to hear what you have to compare.

ill try to find time this week.
Im at a loss as I am pretty sure I built it right.
The old one went to Scruffie to have a play with after it was a bit butchered from desoldering.
Really I can say that the old one, before I butchered it, sounded better than what I have here now.

I think maybe this project is just my nemesis.
I know they aint quite so fussy or complex, but ive done a number of what people consider "harder" projects such as two Aqua pusses, current lover, lowrider, 2 porkbarrels I really think I am capable just this one doesnt love me one bit :P

Thanks

LS